What's new

SUPERNATURAL - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Maybe they could pair it with Reaper on Tuesday instead of swapping them around. I don't know what it's up against that day, but I know my Tuesday viewing is light.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hardly. The number I've read in most places is 2.97 million, which is up about 250,000 from last season's finale (2.72 million) and remains pretty good for a CW show.

Although airing in the most competitive timeslot of the week (against heavyweights such as CSI and Grey's Anatomy), it remains one of the highest rated programs on the CW network (and is rated higher than "Reaper").

There's definitely room for improvement, but overall network viewership is down across-the-board about 8% this fall which is just about in-line with Supernatural's premiere (2.97 million) vs. its overall average for last season (3.29 million).

So I don't think there's reason to panic yet. If anything, the entire CW network might be shuttered given that none of their shows seem to be able to crack the 5 million barrier anymore, which used to be pretty routine for shows on the WB network. Supernatural took a hit of about a million viewers just moving from the WB to CW.

The DVD's also sell pretty well, so there's that to consider.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
To build on that a little, I think the network's overall low numbers are sorta good for Supernatural too. Since they have no ratings juggernauts, it seems fair to assume that The CW will treat the quality shows that they do have right.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Good episode. A return to the subdivision filming location from "Bugs!" I wish they had left the possibility of the kid being Dean's a little more open, but I guess they kind of did. We just have Lisa's word. The new demon girl is hot and all, but if she's just going to do smug the entire time, she's going to get old really fast. Kudos to Todd for identifying her as a supernatural being, when I thought she was just a hunter.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hope you guys are enjoying the new season. Apparently, I won't see any of the new eps until I upgrade my ancient home computer (c.1999). I was cruising the Dell site yesterday and salivating. ;)

I was reading in TV Guide about the ep, and about Dean's possible "mini-me". :laugh:

Last night's ratings were up about 10% from last week's premiere. :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Forgot to mention, but if Sera Gamble did not read Stephen King's "Suffer the Children" before writing last night's episode, I'm a vernicious knid. I believe the mouths of the swapped out children were even described by King in almost the exact way they were shown last night. King's story was more horrible, because the teacher was the only one who knew the children were changed and appeared to take innocent children to the cloak room and kill them one by one. But, the basic idea was there. Then again, even that was captured when the mommy tried to drown the changeling. It was maybe more horrifying, since it called to mind the Susan Smith case. I somehow knew that was where they were going the moment they got in the car.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That was my one problem with the episode. Why would the mother assume that her kid is 'gone' and there was no way to get her back? Granted, it's a 42 minute show so they didn't really have much time to deal with questions like that (especially when it becomes a moot point when the changling didn't die) but it just seemed like too big of a leap for a mother to just write her kid off as dead without some more investigation.

Other than that, it was pretty cool episode. They set up a way to start to try to save Dean, gave some background info on the hot demon chick and the funny subplot plot with the kid who acted like Dean. "AC/DC rules!" :)

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I also knew exactly what the mom was going to do when she was buckling her daughter in the car. Unless I knew 100% without a doubt that it was some creature and not my kid there is no way I could have done that. And even then it would be very difficult.

I was hoping that kid was Dean's, maybe it would have given him more of a reason to find a way to get out of his "death contract".

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I was hoping, too. Do you think there's still a chance that he is, or is it TV show gospel that the mother was telling the truth and that story is done?

That was cool with the demon and Sam. "There's nothing you could offer me." "Dean can stay alive." "Okay, maybe that."

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I was also thinking that the kid is really his and she didn't tell him. They did leave it open though.

Also, I have said this before. But, once I would like to see the guys get help from the guys above (ie-an angel). Although, they did get help from the ghost of mom once.

JohnPhi

Stunt Coordinator
I read that the boys have to deal with Jason from friday the 13th during episode ten of this season.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This spoiler is about that, but I'll spoiler it in case someone doesn't want confirmation. ;)

"We have cleared the rights to actually use Jason. We have a twist on it so it's not really Jason out there but we found an interesting way to bring him in," Kripke explains.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hadn't heard the rumor, but it makes a certain amount of sense as both SN and Jason are Warner properties.

If true, I agree with John: Poor Jason! :laugh:

todd s

Senior HTF Member
While the episode was ok. I did enjoy the banter between Dean and the hot demon. I liked the backstory of Hell. How Lucifer was a fallen angel, but hasn't been seen for a long time. It would be interesting to find out he is against all of the evil things that the demons were doing to humanity. And sent that one demon to help Dean & Sam.

How hot was that one demon that Dean was chatting with??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks