What's new

Supernatural Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Lauren Dayap

Stunt Coordinator
Hey anyone know/remember if Kripke ever said in the DVD commentary that classic rock songs were much cheaper in using than modern rock..thought it was the OTHER way around...no??

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Looking for new TV to sin kmy teeth into. Heard decent things about this one. One question: Is there an ongoing storyline?

--
H

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, but they mix the arc approach with the episodic approach. I doubt if it would be too hard to just drop in and figure out what's going on.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yep, there's a story that begins with the pilot and continues throughout, though as Greg says they give it more time in some episodes than others. Sometimes they'll devote a whole episode, other times just a few lines. But it is a great show, especially if you've liked other supernatural-type TV shows like "Buffy" or "The X-Files". I'm a fan of both those, but at the moment think "Supernatural" is even better.

Lauren Dayap

Stunt Coordinator

you remember his exact quote? I ask because on another SPN board I'm on someone was complaining HOW there's not enough music in recent episodes or something...she was disappointed to hear some modern rock, REO and Captain and Tennille...etc.

Soooo I responded back by saying since they had music in recaps, maybe they wouldn't have a lot of music within the episode because of cost and vice versa...know what I mean. I thought...well think it seems logical classic rock/metal would be expensive to use because those bands aren't yearning for promotion/publicity anymore whereas say....using music from new bands (ex: Gym Class Heroes) would be less because of the exposure. Think some people at Millarworld.net mentioned classic rock is more expensive to use...hmm...

hmm...sorry for rambling...maybe I'll ask over at the imdb boards...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'd trust Kripke more, since he's the one actually dealing with music rights. There is less demand for older music, unfortunately, so it comes cheaper. An exception would be Zeppelin, who I imagine would be extremely high, since they don't like selling music rights anyway. I doubt if we'll hear them on there. I don't know why they have scaled back on the recaps, but it goes along with my theory that the musical recaps ought to be special and not used for just any episode.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Great episode. I have a feeling Ellen is wrong about John screwing up. I guess we'll see.

The one thing that makes me nuts about this show is how there is conveniently never anybody around. Sam, Dean and Jo are searching the building. Dean is putting holes in the walls. And the super's not coming up and saying, "Why are you searching the building and putting holes in the walls?"

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. There seems to be a lot of that sort of "convenience" in recent episodes, going back to "Salvation" last season.

It was in OK episode. It started out extremely creepy, but the full reveal of the ghost was kind of ho-hum.

And I don't really understand why Ellen would have even given the brothers the time of day in the first place if she's still so emotional about what happened to her husband with John Winchester. As soon as they walked thru her door, she should have told them to hit the road if she's still that high-strung about it.

On a ratings note, The CW actually beat FOX for the night last night (the first night of November sweeps). "Smallville" beat "Til Death"/"Happy Hour", and "Supernatural" tied the season premiere of "The O.C."

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

That bothered me as well. In addition, these guys are doing strange things in an empty lot (digging holes, filling the hole with cement, etc) right next door to a building where there have been several unexplained disappearances lately and no one bothers to question them.

Still, it was a fun episode. :D

todd s

Senior HTF Member
"She's as cold as ice..." :D

I thought it would be revealed that John was really Jo's father.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Considering how scary her mother can be, I think that Dean would be too terrified to even attempt that lol, I mean rock salt may work on ghosts but it won't scare her much I don't think.

BTW, I forgot to mention my favorite line from Dean from a couple of eps ago..."Neil!? We're from your support group, we're here to hug!" :laugh:

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
Last week's episode reminded me way too much of the "Tooms" episodes from the x-files' first season.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Saw the pilot, liked it. Nicely atmospheric, if not very groundbreaking.

Not too big on the "this must be the bridge where she killed herself / this is where she drowned her kids" spoon feeding though.

I am quite giddy at the prospect of all kinds of nifty creepy crawlies. Heck the second episode (which I will be watching tonight after LOS) is called "Wendigo", and I have been dying to see one of those since I read Steven King's Pet Sematary moons ago.

So, a pretty good start, here is hoping the rest doesn't suck.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks