What's new

Supernatural Season 2 (2 Viewers)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I finally got to the episode today. Can't believe the reaper was Hailey's wild sister on One Tree Hill.

Wonder what females hotties are lined up for guest-starring turns this season.

Ackles was good in "Dark Angel", especially because his "Alec" gave Max a good foil to play off of, and lightened up the mood of the cast.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I am. I just finished the S1 DVD's and will probably spin "In My Time of Dying" again before the next episode on Thursday.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit

He connected with female audiences in a HUGE way with Grey's Anatomy and one of the producers is casting him as the lead in a new show on ABC.

That's why they killed him off. If anything, he is incredibly lucky to have gotten the role that he did on Grey's.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I bet they'll battle for his soul, which may lead to a brief return. I would assume he can't come back to life, though, so it'll be an appearance like the mother in Home.

Heh. Then I won't feel like such a nerf if I watch it again tonight. I kind of like keeping it around anyway, since it gives me a great comparison for setting up my TV. I cued up the scene in Devil's Trap where possessed John is telling Sam that he has plans for him and compared it with the recap version of that scene from In My Time and was able to get my settings looking about the same.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You know, if JDM wanting to leave was a factor in killing his character off, I hope they'll make Bobby a semi-regular as a kind of older, experienced hunter that the boys can go to for advice. Deadwood's over, right? Maybe he's available for more regular work on the show.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Sigh. . .my favorite new show from last season and CW is not available in Hawaii. The station that formerly carried UPN in the daytime and WB at night decided to go with that new network that has shows like "Desire" instead. I miss this. :frowning:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Don't get too bummed. It's just my personal impression of him from a couple of interviews. I'm not a psychiatrist, so I could be wrong.

Though I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks, and another thing I'd like to add . . . I know the demon can possess anybody, so it doesn't have to be tied to any one actor, but Fredric Lehne--also known as the guy Kate was cuffed to during the Lost crash--did a really good job and I'd like to see him as the main vessel for the demon. If Meg could look like Meg for a year, he could take on that guy.

Ratings are a little scary. Smallville brought in a 2.9/5, but it dropped to a 2.2/3 for Supernatural. Grey's Anatomy and Deal or No Deal are killers. I hope the numbers are good enough for the CW brass.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I saw how the CW was going to be tough about their ratings but what do they want? They might not like it but they're the smallest network which means they've got the smallest audience. Until they can get any big hit, they ought to just be glad that their shows have a small following (like Veronica Mars or Supernatural or Gilmore Girls).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
While the overall number of viewers may be a bit light, the CW seems to be pleased with the demographics of the viewers that are there.

I am a bit disappointed with the premiere ratings, though. I'd hoped they'd at least match last season's 4.5 - 5 million viewer average (the premiere was about 3.8 million). But the CW can't expect much more than what the UPN was bringing in last time. And they seem to have fewer affiliate stations, too (at least from anecdotal evidence...I don't know the actual numbers).

The UPN station in my area actually changed to that MyTV stuff instead of becoming a CW station, so I'm still watching CW programming timeshifted to late night on the local FOX station. And I've heard of others that lost their WB/UPN stations with no CW replacement, as well.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering how that worked in other areas. I guess they decided on a case by case since the former UPN is now the CW in my area and the WB became My TV Network- The only place to see DESIRE and FASHION HOUSE! :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I'm afraid so, and judging from the big ol' Darth Vader style funeral pire he's gone for good. :frowning:

(sobbing as I type)The clown...the freakin' CLOWN!!:frowning::frowning:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Other than not quite believing children that old would be dumb enough to let a clown into the house--maybe he had the power of influence--an utterly terrific episode. I love the new characters and hope they recur often. Ellen will for sure, and Ash has to pop up to let them know when he knows something. Sounds like he's going to be their Alfred/Microchip/whoever. By the way, are we crossing over with the canceled "Blade" next week? ;)

Ellen's daughter looked familiar. She is pure hotness.

Edit: Duh! Well, no shit. She's Meg from VM. She looks hotter than she did as Meg. I'm so ashamed I didn't recognize her.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks