What's new

Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition, etc. Exchange Number and info (2 Viewers)

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe

I keep hearing about Disc 1's sound issue. Michael, you mentioned above that it didn't bother you - is there really something wrong with the sound? And as for the Superman III extra, what's missing? Is it worth going thru the hassle of getting this extra in a replacement disc?

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the corrected sets that will be coming out will have the labeling corrected for that one disc that had inconsistent labeling.

gushin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gustavo Hinojosa
I got the callback today. I was actually surprised they returned my call. The CSR took my address told me about the mailer. She didn't ask for UPC code, just asked which set I had bought. Those that called the first day, just be patient. Or call back if you're not.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink

I don't know the full story on Superman III, but the first disc of the set, containing the original theatrical version of Superman, is supposed to include the original sound mix (in Dolby 2.0) as well as the re-mix assembled for the previous DVD release (in Dolby 5.1). While the disc contains no technical errors, the problem is that the Dolby 2.0 track actually contains a 2-channel version of the re-mix. The original sound mix is not present on the disc.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
I called the first day of release -- never received a call back so I called in. Anyone get the mailers yet?

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I just received an email from DVD Pacific which may apply to international customers who bought from other etailers as well:

I don't know how the prepaid thing is supposed to work outside the US, but if Warner are really honoring international customers, I'm mighty impressed.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I tried calling the customer service number repeatedly, but I'm on hold for more than 15 minutes and nobody seems to pick up. How long does it take before you can get a live person on the line?

EDIT-Never mind, I finally got through.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
My replacement order that was placed by Amazon on December 1 still hasn't shipped, so I'm taking that as a good sign that Amazon will be shipping out corrected copies.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I assume the correct Superman 3 discs already exist as they were included in the Christopher Reeve box set. However it will take a while to do the Superman disc 1 as this needs to be manufactured as it was incorrect on all Superman sets. New discs for Tom and Jerry, Back To the Future etc, took months before they were available . Why does everyone assume this will be available shortly ?

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
When I called the 800 number, I asked if the 2 replacement discs would be shipped together or seperately, since I figured the S3 discs are ready to go but the S1 discs have to be redone. I was told they will ship together.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

Just incase you've been asleep the past two weeks, Yes WB is offering an exchange for a new disc with the original 1978 2.0 stero mix. They are also exchanging Superman III which was also incorrect. The SIII disc was the old disc from 2001, not the new one with the bonus features such as a commentary track.

So to answer your question, Yes they are changing the discs and not ignoring it. This is Warner Brother we're talking about here.

Details of the exchange can be found in the 1st post of this thread.

Brad M

Second Unit
I just got my 14 disc boxset from Amazon. It has the replacement disc for Superman 3. I preordered the set months ago but just now got it. I can not confirm the replacement for S:TM. Is there a sure way to tell if I have the right one?

EDIT --- Scratch that. My mistake. Correct cover art on the disc, old disc on the menu. Sorry for any confusion. Looks like I'll call the number and get in line.

CameronMcC

Second Unit
i had exchanged a set at best buy this week for a dented tin. When i got home, i realized i had corrected disc in my set. when checking on another forum, it seems that the upc's had not been changed...only one other person reported having the same luck, also at a best buy.

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson
I received my replacement copy from Amazon today and was happy to see that it contained the proper Superman III.

I was checking the Superman disc but I honestly am not sure if it is the original version or not. I hate to admit it but I do not know this film that great and so I am not sure what exactly to listen for. The opening titles do not "whoosh" as much. I would think it is probably the fixed version but I am just not sure.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
I called this evening to see if my postpaid return envelope had been mailed since it has now been over the 7-10 days I was told it would be. They looked me up & had all my info correct but said it would be towards the end of the week or early next week before the envelopes would be sent. I was told (by 2 csrs as I got cut off from the first) that they were still waiting for the envelopes to be prepared. Apparently they can mass produce the corrected dvds & get them to the stores quicker than make a batch of SASEs. Looks like another 7-10 days wait for them.

Adam Santangelo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Santangelo

I'm in Canada and I'm in the same boat as Joseph. I did call back last week, though, and they confirmed that my name was in the computer, so that was reassuring.

Interestingly, I called Warner Canada (just to see what that route got me), and I was directed to an alternate 800 number, which featured an automated message telling me to send an e-mail to request a prepaid mailer. The e-mail address wasn't spelled out in the recording, and my best guess at the address came back undeliverable, so I guess that solution isn't happening. I'll wait for my prepaid mailer from the US.

I still want to know how I'm getting my 5 posters. I left a voicemail for somebody I was directed to at Warner Canada, and he didn't return my call.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks