What's new

Superman Returns, Superman & II on HD DVD & BRD on 11-28-06 (1 Viewer)

MarekM

Supporting Actor

ohh HD-DVD combo disc for such movie ??? one HD layer will not be enough hmm, same here Blu-ray disk for me....

Marek

Dennis Maricic

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dennis
I think Vincent may be right on this. It must be the new 30 gig combo. Can't she this working on a 15 gig layer.

Oh forgot, HD DVD for me. :)

MarekM

Supporting Actor

is it confirmed that it is production ready ? I mean dual layer for HD-DVD side and single layer for SD ?

but hmm, single layer DVD5 for Superman Returns SD ?? the quality will be horrbile for such long movie to fit on DVD5

Ken Groulx

Stunt Coordinator
This combo disc strategy is utterly pointless for a title that is released in conjunction with the standard DVD. I was under the impression this would be a flagship title for HD-DVD. If it really is merely a single layer disc, that would be a shame for such a great looking and sounding movie. I'm hopeful it will at least utilize the 30-gig dual-layer combo format, otherwise I'll be passing on it.

MarekM

Supporting Actor
this is going to be very interesting

BD-50 for SUPERMAN, and HD-DVDcombo ?

so it will be 50 against 15GB or against 30GB ?

from
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
========================================
Blu-ray Disc - SRP $34.99 - BD-50, 1080p video (2.40:1 anamorphic widescreen), Dolby Digital 5.1 audio (English, French, Latin Spanish), special features TBA (presumably all DVD features will be included), subtitles: English SDH, English, Francais and Espanol, Closed Captioned
========================================

LarryH

Supporting Actor
What a crock! Until either HD-DVD or BD is confirmed as having dual HD layer, I think I'll just buy a loss-leader single-disk SD.

Update: OK. The Bits has confirmed both HD versions are double-layered. Although I have developed a slight bias for HD-DVD, I don't see any reason to pay extra for the superfluous SD version, so I guess it's BD for me (if Samsung gets the sharpness update to me by then.)

What " s wrong with Warner ? NO DOLBY-TRUE HD support with this title !

That "s totally inacceptable ! HD DVD needs the inclusion of DOLBY TRUE-HD on every MAJOR TITLE to survive !

With no TRUE-HD support from the latest titles except Batmin Begins for me it's mean SSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKK KKKEEEEEEEEE 2 !

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Hopefully it's not single layer only, otherwise I'll just be waiting for a proper release or (once I can afford a player, and that could be a while...as in like a year plus) the Blu-Ray release.

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
Knowing Warner, it will probably be the exact same encoding for both versions, provided it really is a BD50 and not a 25. It's probably the same reason why there's no TruHD audio on this release.

BTW, the HD-DVD version for me (and every release as well, since I won't be buying into BD).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i dont have BR player yet and may not by christmas, but 'll likely get the BR version and not the hd dvd because of the combo thing. hate that idea.

plus it looks more, right in the blue case.

Edwin_H

Stunt Coordinator
Wow Warner really is retarded. Combo discs are completely pointless. This is one of their titles that deserves all the bells and whistles. Instead they're &*#*ing it up by making it a dumbass combo disc. Way to go guys!

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I'm doing the happy dance right now, I don't care if it's a combo or not. I doubt it will be single layer. WB hasn't disappointed me yet with a single High def release on either format, I don't think they'll do so here.

Ryan Wong

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I can foresee a headline like this: Superman failed to fly in box office... and HD-DVD combo.

This movie deserves a Dolby TrueHD track. I can see why Warner more in favor of Batman than Superman. :)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
While I'm excited to get SR on HD-DVD, I'm a tad disappointed that none of the other Superman films appear to be headed to the format on the 28th too. I never expected the box set to appear on HD-DVD, but I at least expected the first Superman film to come out alongside Superman Returns. I'll still be picking up SR on HD, along with Superman: TM and the Donner Cut on SD I guess. I really want the set though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks