Superman HD-DVD Dilema

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Harminder, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Harminder

Harminder Second Unit

I finally got a chance to watch Superman Returns and I really liked it and is definitely on my HD-DVD wishlist. However, I am also a huge fan of all 4 previous Superman movies. My biggest fear is that I will buy SR, S1 & S2: RDC on HD-DVD only to hear 6 months from now that all 6 Superman movies will be released in a boxset and #3 and #4 will only available in the boxset (ex. Mission: Impossible Boxset).

What should I do? Should I buy all 3? Not buy all 3 and wait for some kind of boxset? Only buy SR? AHHHHH!

2. Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair Producer

Wait for the box.
    Or, purchase or rent now, with the knowledge that the box IS coming.
    The box will have the super cartoons & super doc!

3. BrettGallman

BrettGallman Screenwriter

Wait, so a box set has been offically announced for HD/Blu-Ray?

4. Brent M

Brent M Producer

I think it's expected, but I certainly haven't heard anything "official" about it.

5. Harminder

Harminder Second Unit

I'm leaning towards just picking up Superman Returns, but at the same time I really want to see the Richard Donner Cut of Superman II. UGH! Why couldn't Warner have just released the boxset on HD-DVD?!

6. Norman Matthews

Norman Matthews Second Unit

So, any further word on the Superman box being upgraded from "expected" (or, asked with less enthusiasm, downgraded)? I just leaped into HD DVD this Christmas (well, I guess I was more correctly pushed, but I couldn't be happier about it) and now that I'm done paying off everybody else's Christmas, I'm staring at the same problem as the original poster.

Sorry if this has been gone over a million times in a millions places, but I've looked and looked and all I could find was this thread.

7. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Do what we all do....buy now and buy again later. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Norman Matthews

Norman Matthews Second Unit

I'm trying to be good! [​IMG]

Besides, I have so much catching up to do now that waiting on Superman might not be the worst thing in the world. And I know the lull in releases is a bad thing, but I can't help but think that just maybe it's designed a little bit to let people like me catch up.