Superfriends, Batman, Justice League and X-Men, April 22

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Anthony Liz, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Anthony Liz

Anthony Liz Stunt Coordinator

And here are the last two covers...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    I'm glad to see that the Batman cover is very similar in style to the previous release. Looks very good.

Chris S.

3. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Great news...any word on new season sets or more episodes of Batman Beyond on DVD?

4. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

5. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    ToonZone.net is reporting that the 5 titles on the Batman disc are going to be: "The Underdwellers," "P.O.V.," "The Forgotten," "Be A Clown," and "Two Face Part 1."
    So this would mean that WB is releasing them according to their episode production number!!! It goes without saying that (if true) this is great news!! [​IMG]
    Chris S.

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

7. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

yeah like they couldn't fit part 2 on the disc! [​IMG]

8. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Hey, still beats a best of. If the ToonZone story pans out, then the disc is mine. I was very happy with the first one in the series.

9. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    If they're gonna give us Part One, it logically means there will be at least one more DVD on the way....

10. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I agree with Dave L. Pt 1 but no part two?

If they insist on releasing them in this order then at least give us 8 eps per disk. This is a very attainable amount on a Dual Layered disk. I just bought a DVD Burner and I'm Giving serious thought to burning my VHS off air copies !

11. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

12. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

This one disc a year of Batman Animated is going to drive me nuts. I'm going to try the new Columbia House DVD series of Batman Animated.

13. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    I'm a little surprised by the responses. Warner obviously doesn't think that they can get enough of a return by doing a boxset, and since most parents wouldn't shell out $30-40 for "a bunch of Batman cartoons" it would be up to us fans to make it profitable. But honestly there just aren't enough of us to do so. Would it have been nice to have pt. 2 on this disc? Well heck ya, but I'm not going to skip out on it just because it doesn't contain the second half.

The best we could have hoped for from this release was that it continued the series in original production order. Otherwise it was definitely going to be a best of title and I know none of us truly wants that.

14. James Reader

Chris, to say that Batman series isn't profitable enough is obviously nonsense. As I have pointed out, the property is profitable enough to create brand-new direct-to-video releases. And you think reasonably priced boxsets wouldn't?

If Rhino (another AOL/TW company) can do it for Transformers, what makes you think it is beyond the capabilities of Warner themselves? A much bigger company. You can't be insisting that Transformers is more popular than Batman:TAS can you?

Incidentally, sales of the Transformers sets have been well above Rhino's initial expectations.

And of course the cut Batman Return of the Joker sold more. The general public would have picked it up in ignorance and wouldn't be willing to repurchase it again.

15. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

This thought just occurred to me: Maybe the first disc was a test disc and perhaps WBHV couldn't get disc #2 to market any sooner, but are planning more frequent releases.
    The only way I can imagine that putting Two-Face Part I on the disc would be acceptable, is if WBHV was planning on disc #3 following shortly behind it.
    One can hope. [​IMG]

16. Mijang

Mijang Agent

17. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S

18. James Reader

Chris - there is a new direct to video Batman cartoon coming later in the year: The Mystery of the Bat-Woman. Obviously Warners still think that there is a market.
    IMDB Link
    And as for boxsets - when Rhino release their Transformers sets, they still release the single discs for people to buy who don't want to buy the sets.
    And new cartoons or not, I cannot believe Transformers is more popular than Batman. Plus - like I say, the Transformers sets were better sellers than anyone predicted, proving that there is a market for such a release, despite what people think.
    And by not releasing JOKER only discs, or other such themes, I don't think Warners are aiming at the 'kiddie' market anyhow. Will young children appreciate having the series released in production order?
    If you insist that Warners are ONLY thinking of the pre-teen purchases, how happy will they be to have only part 1 of a 2 part story?

19. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S

20. Dewitte

Dewitte Stunt Coordinator