What's new

Superfriends, Batman, Justice League and X-Men, April 22 (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
Does anyone know if these are sequential episodes, or is Warner picking and choosing?
Even if they are sequential - 4 episodes? Jeez, it will take forever for the series to come out!
These are in airing order... so far.
Check jlanimated.com for the full first season schedule. :)
I would have much prefered a full season set with enhanced 16x9 widescreen, but Warners seems to be taking the cheaper route here. :frowning:

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I'm glad to see that Warner was convinced to release another Batman TAS disc even if it might be a "best of" compilation. I too would much rather have a sequential release but if it came down to "best of" or nothing, I'll take "best of".

Chris S.

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
Superfriends !!!
YES and non of that new justace league CRAP!
Now If we could get 80's GI JOE!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Now If we could get 80's GI JOE!
Eric,
If I remember correctly(and I think I am)
Rhino(the Makers of the Transformers box sets) are currently working on G.I. Joe.
Supposedly the GI stuff will be in the same way as Transformers(extras and cleaning up the elements)

Kevin Sharp

Stunt Coordinator
Chris and Todd --

The current Justice League cartoon is the first appearance of Hawkwoman ON TV. The old Challenge of the Superfriends featured Hawkman. In the comic books, Hawkwoman has been around for about 60 years (as someone else pointed out).

Useless trivia: in the comic books, the Hawks' wings never flapped. They're not "real" wings, just part of the uniform (the belt provides the flight power). But in every cartoon version, the wings flap. Guess it's more cinematic looking that way.

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator
The old Challenge of the Superfriends featured Hawkman.
You are correct, sir. The Filmation Hawkman cartoon also featured just Hawkman (and his well... hawk).

Just out of curiosity, who owns the old Filmation stuff? I'm talking about the old Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Justice League, Shazam, and Hero High cartoons.

De

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I can see the slogan now...

"Hallmark-Not giving a shit about putting out the very best!":b

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Where's My Animated STAR TREK ? Another Filmation Gem. An does anyone remember the animated Flash Gordon from the early 80's I loved that show.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
That Super Friends picture is all wrong. That is the pic from when it was just the core 5 plus either the Wonder Twins or those other sidekick kids. Where the heck is Apache Chief and the Black Lightning rip-off Black Vulcan??

ps-Didn't that Black Lightining change have to do with the creator of the character not allowing him to be on the show???

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
About what I expected. Just simple, fairly generic covers.

Where the heck is Apache Chief and the Black Lightning rip-off Black Vulcan??
Speaking of which, did you very see the Harvey Birdman Attorney-At-Law episode with the two of them? Extremely funny stuff!!

Black Vulcan: "You think I even chose that name, "Black Vulcan"? No, I originally went by Supervolt. Black Vulcan was Aquaman's idea, but I just said "Why don't we just call you 'Whitefish'?"

Chris S.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Those Superfriends/Justice League covers make me drool!

On a related note for Superman fans, although this really belongs in the TV section, here is a tidbit for you all:

[rant]CHRISTOPHER REEVE TO REVISIT SUPERMAN ON "SMALLVILLE"[/rant]

Christopher Reeve will visit the Superman saga once again as he teams up with Tom Welling’s Clark Kent in a special guest appearance on Warner Bros. Television’s “Smallville” during February on The WB Network, marking the first time Reeve has appeared in a Superman-related series since 1987’s feature film “Superman IV.” A public service announcement with Reeve and Welling for the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation will air at the conclusion of the episode.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Where's My Animated STAR TREK ? Another Filmation Gem. An does anyone remember the animated Flash Gordon from the early 80's I loved that show.
I think the Animated Trek would do well on DVD. Not sure I'd buy it though, as I have them all on LD. And I'd love to see the animated Flash Gordon. I found a video tape of it for sale a few years ago, and was really impressed by it. The animation was better than Trek's.

Neil

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
I still haven't bought last year's Justice League DVD, since they didn't put it out in widescreen, like they show it (sometimes) on Cartoon Network. It's too bad, since WB supports some of the animated features that way, like Mask of the Phantasm.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I still haven't bought last year's Justice League DVD, since they didn't put it out in widescreen, like they show it (sometimes) on Cartoon Network. It's too bad, since WB supports some of the animated features that way, like Mask of the Phantasm.
The widescreen presentations are simply matted from the fullscreen presentations... they chop the tops and bottoms off. If anamorphic enhancement is paramount to you than this probably doesn't mean anything, but if it isn't, you can zoom or create mattes depending on your TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks