Super Monkey Ball is coming to the PS2...is it any good tho?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by paul h, Oct 2, 2001.

1. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Sega have confirmed that it will be released on PS2 but no idea when, has anyone actually played it on the Gamecube???
    Word has it that Sega will be showing the PS2 version of VirtuaFighter4 at the TGS, will be interesting to see what kind of performance they have squeezed from the PS2.

2. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

Hey this is great news! I wonder if Sega will port it to the Xbox too. The game is wicked, starts out very simple but as you progress it ends up being Insanely hard. This game has the potential to be the next "Tetris", especially if it gets ported to all of the systems.
    Dean

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

When is the TGS?

4. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

TGS goes from Oct 12th to the 14th.
    Dean

5. Steven_V

Steven_V Stunt Coordinator

I spent some time playing Super Monkey Ball at Club GC in Hollywood this past Sunday. SMB is a BLAST to play! [​IMG] The only problem with it being on PS2 is that SMB features a great 4player multiplayer mode. This will require PS2 owners to buy the multiplayer adapter if they want full enjoyment of the game. [​IMG]
    ------------------

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

7. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

God damnit!!! I forgot to preorder SMB when I made my preorder with my dealer. Guess I will be getting 4 games for the Cube on day one.
    Now has anyone heard the rumor that Sega will port Jet Set Radio Future to the PS2??? That seems unlikely as all the footage of JSRF that I have seen is incredible and I doubt that the PS2 could render the Xbox quality graphics without a framerate hit.
    Sega do, do a good job with games that have monkeys in them.

8. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Segaweb.com have posted an article saying that Sega have updated their list of PS2 titles on show at TGS:
    Virtua Fighter 4
    Crazy Taxi
    New Space Channel/Space Channel 5
    Guru Guru Onsen 2
    Jet Set Radio Future
    Rez
    Sakura Taisen 4
    Super Monkey Ball
    Whether thats true or not remains to be seen but im not surprised given that Sega want to sell as many copies of their games as possible.