What's new

Super Fuzz DVD? (1 Viewer)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Thanks, I already ordered it. :)

You seem to be quite knowledgeable when it comes to the "Super Fuzz" cut of the film. I never found out what exactly is missing from this shorter version (or added to the longer one). Can you mention some bits if it's not too much trouble?

Matthew Marino

Stunt Coordinator
I finally got my copy yesterday. While I did notice that some music cues were different I can't say that it ruined the movie for me. It's been at least 15 years since I saw this, probably more so I guess having the "fuzz" version isn't as important to me. I'm also curious exactly what's in this version that wasn't in the US cut. There were a few brief scene extensions that I noticed but I don't trust my own memory (I still swear it said 'to be continued' at the end of Back to the Future in the theater). Oddly enough, I remember a few times when I saw this movie, there were added scenes. I know I had seen it on Showtime/HBO, network TV as well as a rental version. As far as the picture is concerned the print is really fantastic. My only gripe is that when things are in motion there is this slight ghosting effect. It's no doubt caused by transferring a PAL signal to an NTSC signal. The audio seems a bit too loud to me, almost as if it's clipping. It's not terrible and I got used to it by the end of the movie. All in all I'm happy with this version. It brings back memories and the movie held up surprisingly well for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks