What's new

Super Bowl commericals...name your favorite (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
A pretty poor batch, everyone at our party agreed on that.
The favs here - Battlebot and Cedric Bud Light spots. Cedric is just funny as hell.
Hank and Barry - I loved Hank doing that.
And 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon spot. We loved that Bacon has that sense of humor about it. :)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
For simple eye candy... Britney in the 50's. that girl got that butt thing.... heck of a shape......

I laughed most at the "fridge" and "levis" commercials...

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
The Budweiser commercial with the "How ya doin'" guys and the coyboy.

"How ya doin?"

"I'm doin' great! I just came from the airport and..."

Don Black

Screenwriter
The M&M one was good. The Barry Bonds one was well done as well. Everything else was pretty bland. I guess it fits the current ad market.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
1) The E*Trade commercial with the monkey. The first part of the commercial wasn't that funny, but when they cut to the owner of E*Trade reading the newspaper I was dying with laughter.

2) The Lipton Brisk with the claymation puppets.

3) The Levi spot.

4) The mini-fridge battlebot Budwiswer spot.

5) The six degrees of Kevin Bacon Visa Check Card spot.

6) The two-minute Britney Spears commercial (just for the eye candy).

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
It might have been a local spot only, but the Real California Cheese spot where the happy cow hit the snooze button is the only one which made me laugh out loud that no one as mentioned yet.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the California Cheese one was hilarious! I, too, wonder if the rest of the country saw that???

Mark

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
No one mentioned the Blockbuster with the flashdance hamster???? Man, that made my superbowl party roar. #1 for me.

Next, was Barry Bonds and Hank Aaron.

Then, the guy sliding across the satin sheets. Been there, done that.

David Oliver

Second Unit
I don't know about favorite - Britney was glorious eye candy, Bonds/Aaron was funny, Cedric rocks, The Clydesdales were touching - but I do know that the mlife ads msucked.

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
To me, the two most memorable commercials were the anti-terrorism/anti-drug messages.
The first one shocked the hell out of me. It started out like the ubiqutous master card 'priceless' commericals. Then it started to get a little weird. But then when the text "Explosives: $1000" was shown, I really took notice.
The second one, with the people/kids talking about drugs and why they use them was equally memorable.
I am usually a firm believer of letting people do what they want in their own home. On the other hand, I also firmly believe in thinking about and taking responsibility for the consequences of your actions. These commercials made me think in a new way about the consequences of buying/selling/using drugs.
Sorry to bring the thread down, as I also loved the Kevin Bacon commercial. It had me laughing so hard that I started choking, and couldn't talk for two minutes afterward:)

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
Nobody's mentioned my favorite, the one for some sort of data backup system (I can't remember the company's name). You know the one, the boss is walking to the big meeting with two flunkies, one of which bangs his head into a filing cabinet. Too bad he kept all the important info in his head. Then, the other flunkie manages to get the info, but brains himself on the meeting table. What can I say, I'm a sucker for slapstick! :laugh:

ikiru

Stunt Coordinator
My turn:

3. The Cedric "Tell me what to say" beer commercial.

2. The Kevin Bacon game commercial.

And the winner is...

1. The Battlebot mini-fridge beer commercial.

-ikiru

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Our local Wash DC feed (Ch 5) screwed up the sound on a number of commercials.... The audio of the "big round butt" was played over the video of a (quite lame) Ford Truck spot. Happened 2x more late in the game.

Let's see.... at 2Mill per 30 seconds... there goes somebody's job !!!

The Fridge - Winner at our party !

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Well I'm from Canada, a special magical land where we don't get commercials from the states when they first air. We get these wonderful canadian commercials that often cut off the first minute or so of the program after the break, and during the superbowl we get this stupid canadian content "bud bowl party" with some "famous" host who no one's heard of, and digitally edited billboard ads within the stadium that feature local ads instead of what is advertised there, and digitally edited blimps to show local ads instead of goodyear, or whatever, and when we finally do get american commercials they are usually cut down where a 1 or 2 minute commercial is cut down so you dont get to see the whole thing, and our own commentary by people who don't know the game instead of the guys who we're supposed to see. and this again, often cuts off the fiirst minute or so of the action. Isn't Canadian Content great??
I SO want to get a directTV dish.
thank god for http://www.ifilm.com/superbowl#

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Good God, I thought those lame Bud Bowl ads went the way of the dinosaur. At least they did here in the States. :D
At least you get Hockey Night in Canada, Paul. :frowning:

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Michael K... not only do we get the bud bowl ads, but they feature a "cross canada party" with some host in toronto or somewhere, who i've never seen before, and he was taling to warren moon, getting his analysis of the game thus far, but they also have these superbowl parties in Calgary and Vancouver, and Nova Scotia, etc which they show where we'd normally be seeing your commercials, and they have these lame parties with cheerleaders from the houston texans, and the arizona cardinals, etc... was very stupid.. and of course cut into the first bits of action after the commercials.. I believe they do that because all feeds have to be Canadian feeds, they can't just buy the rights to broadcast 8 hours of FOX and show it straight up. Although they used to do that before the Global Television Network came in, which i despise...

yes, we do get Hockey Night in Canada, and I love it. and i'm a steadfast hockey fan, but it doesn't make up completely for stuff like this. Local programming invades on most shows, would cut out bits of the simpsons intro, for example, when they change from the FOX feed to the Global Canada feed. It's very noticeable, and it happens for all programming.

I like to watch what I wanna watch, meaning that when I have my tv tuned to channel 22, FOX, I should see FOX programming. If I want to watch this Canadian crap, I should be able to turn to channel 7 and watch Global.

As I said before, I want a Direct TV dish, however they're grey market in Canada. Do any Canadians have these here in the HTF??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks