What's new

Sunfire MKII or Supercube II? (1 Viewer)

Hey guys, I am looking to upgrade my current subwoofer (Velodyne VDR-10). The Pawn American close to me has a used Bob Carver Sunfire MKII for $500. It looks to be in pretty good condition, and I know this is a $2500 sub and is a beast. I also am looking at the Definitive Supercube II, I would like a Supercube I but at $1100+ its a little out of my price range. My local Def. Tech. dealer said he would bargain with me on the Cube II to around $700 as the new Cube models are coming out next spring he said.

The reason for the upgrade is that I am looking for a sub that is more accurate with music, but can still slam movies fairly well. I dont have a very big theater room (12'X15') and am not looking to spend over $750 for the sub, What do you guys think?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Why not any of our usual internet direct brands we always recommend? They have been proven time and time again to outperform any retail sub in their price range.

Funny you mention that, I was just looking at SVS PC12-NSD and did not realize that it does not take up that much space. And for $750 shipped it seems perfect for me!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Cylinder subs are nice when floor space is at a minimum and you can still go vertical. The only better value than internet direct is DIY as long as you don't factor in your time. I like woodworking and audio so building subs is a good hobby to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks