What's new

Summer School On DVD June 1 (1 Viewer)

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
Well I was just at the digital bits just now and according to them Summer School will be coming out
June 1. I wonder if it will be 16x9 Anamorphic. Anyone else here excited about this besides me?.

-Mike

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
if im not mistaken this is a Paramount Title, so it SHOULD be 16x9.

reunion commentary would be nice.

LOVE THIS MOVIE

I would also love to have Dean Cameron's(Chainsaw) movie "Ski School" on DVD

One can also not forget Dean Cameron as the Pizza Boy in "Men at Work"...haha...funny stuff.

I'm also looking forward to Summer School on DVD. I saw it countless times when I was growing up.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Looking forward to it. My essential 80's teen comedies collection is nearing completion. I forget if it was mentioned elsewhere, but Patrick Dempsey's Loverboy has been announced for a May release.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Yeah Loverboy was announced NON-anomorphic but at least it's letterboxed(at least that what DVDfile says)

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Summer School has been on my list ever since I heard it was coming to DVD a few months ago. Thankfully, being Paramount we can expect 16x9. However, I'm also willing to bet it'll be barebones...we'll be lucky if it has a trailer. Oh well, as long as the presentation is good, that's good enough for me.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I missed the Loverboy announcement-can't wait to get both of these! They were both solidified in my memory during multiple replays on HBO.

I can't believe list on Loverboy is $25 (per DVDEmpire). I don't mind paying ~$17 for the title, but at that price anamorphic would be nice!

Anthony Clifton

Stunt Coordinator
"He's got her making breakfast stark, raving naked."

This is one of those movies I can still remember seeing in the theater as a little kid and laughing my ass off. Probably have to pick this up.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Oh, yeah - those were the days when Kirstie Alley was appealing. A funny movie as long as you don't think about it too much.

Johnny V

Agent
Thanks for the "heads up". This is easily one of the most quoteable movies of all time.:emoji_thumbsup:

"Can I call my Mom and tell her I won't be home...ever."

:laugh:

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
AFTER CHAINSAW FAILS HIS DRIVING TEST

Don't you ever yell at the driver...come on I stayed sober for this

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Summer School is an awesome movies. Definitely one of the best non-Hughes movies of the time!! I cant wait to pick this one up, even if it is barebones.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Even though Paramount is consistent with good A/V quality and you never have to worry about a catalog title coming out in an MAR only edition, in most cases the equation is

Paramount + Catalog Title = Bare Bones

That being said, it is one of my favorite 80s teen comedies but if is indeed bare bones, I probably will not go out of my way to buy it. Maybe, if I came across it real cheap like in Wal-Mart's bin.

Maybe we'll get lucky and get something extra, occaisonally Paramount throws in a commentary or deleted scenes on a catalog release.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Shoop: "Please take your seats..."
Chainsaw and Dave: (while lifting up their desks) "Where should we take 'em?" :D

Who remembers the guy who stripped at night? I always thought that was Jim Carrey, but I don't think it really was.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
was that guy ken olandt?

courtney thorne-smith was hot in this, and a certain scene with kirstie alley kinda makes me tingle a little bit. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks