What's new

Summer current movies release schedule (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I did a similar post some time ago for last year's Summer movies that came out in the Winter, so here's the Winter movies coming out this Summer.

6/7 Be Cool $56m
6/14 Hitch $174m
6/21 Coach Carter $68m
6/21 Cursed $20m
6/21 Hostage $33m
6/21 Man Of The House $20m
6/21 Miss Congenialty 2 $38m
6/28 Diary Of A Mad Black Woman $51m
6/28 Pacifier $101m
7/5 Hide & Seek $51m
7/12 Million Dollar Baby $85m
7/19 Constantine $75m
8/2 Alexander $35m

A few others expected for July are:-

Because Of Winn-Dixie $32m
Robots $112m
Wedding Date $31m

and a few likely in August are:-

Beauty Shop $27m in 2 weeks
Fever Pitch $13m first weekend
Guess Who $52m
Ice Princess $21m
Ring Two $73m
Sahara $19m first weekend
Sin City $51m in 2 weeks

I can see about 10 I'd like to see if I haven't already and maybe a couple of keepers.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Probably 4 or 5 rentals in this bunch along with two purchases (Million Dollar Baby & Sin City).

The rest I have no interest in watching.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member

No announcement yet that I know of. Is this the date that some vendors are showing?

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Warner's are going with 3 versions of Million Dollar Baby, Widescreen & Pan & Scan single disc versions plus a 3 disc version, the 2nd disc being loaded with extra features & the 3rd disc being the CD soundtrack.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
OK, that would end the speculation some of us were throwing around about M$B, if it ends up working out that way. I suspected it might be the same as the Mystic River release, which this would be, with the 2-disc SE packaged together with the CD soundtrack. But I wasn't sure because it wasn't clear to me whether they had the rights to include the soundtrack. The lack of clarity on this, plus the fact that the Mystic River 2-disc SE was unavailable separately without the CD soundtrack, led me to hold off on any immediate interest in the M$B soundtrack CD, which is currently available separately.

Once we get an official announcement, if you turn out to be right, Johnny, I'll dispense some mad props. :)

Daniel-M

Second Unit
Alexander dosen't come out before 8/2 in USA. Where I live(Norway) it was reelased yesterday

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
An official announcement has already been made, ask your local dealer who gets Warner dealer announcements material.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
OK, you certainly sound credible on this. Is it unusual to send out dealer announcements without a press release?

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Really, hmm. It just seems kind of rare here on HTF to see one without the other, but I could easily be wrong as that's all I'm going on.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I just looked at my info again & it actually says SPECIAL 2-DISC DVD LOADED WITH DVD FEATURES! then goes on to list the dealer codes for the WS & FS DVDs plus the VHS RENTAL PRICED then gives the run time of 132 mins then says ALSO AVAILABLE COLLECTOR'S EDITION WIDESCREEN 2-DISC DVD + CD SOUNDTRACK and gives the dealer code.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
only 9 days later :D

no offence Tom, I know you have to wait until they send you the announcements issued for internet use & can't rely on dealer info.

In case anyone's interested, I just got through a couple more dates:-

7/19 Upside Of Anger
8/23 Ring Two

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks