Suggestions on great movie soundtracks?

Discussion in 'Music' started by KylePete, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Andrew Masur

Andrew Masur Auditioning

Children of Dune by Brian Tyler, quite possibly the best soundtrack that I have ever heard. Go read the review on filmtracks.com, they also include a couple of clips from the album. Trust me, you wont by disappointed. Children of Dune [​IMG]

2. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

3. Mikael Soderholm

Mikael Soderholm Supporting Actor

Mikael Söderholm

4. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

5. kinzoels

kinzoels Agent

bill lettang
    One of my favorites is Miklos Rozsa's score for King of Kings, the LP version not the film soundtrack. It is my understanding Rozsa was unhappy with how the video cues sliced up his themes (understandable as scenes jump from Roman soldiers to the nativity). The recording I refer to was released on MGM records in a deluxed box in the early 60's. Now, it has been said the original tapes of this performance done in Rome are lost. Has anyone heard of any attempts to recover them?

6. Mikael Soderholm

Mikael Soderholm Supporting Actor

Mikael Söderholm
    Pretty epic thread resurrection there Bill ;)

7. JSul

JSul Stunt Coordinator

The Alamo...1961/Dimitri Tiomkin.Adventures of Robin Hood...1938/KorngoldBride of Frankenstein...1935/Waxman7th Voyage of Sinbad...195?/HermannJaws ...1975/WilliamsKing Kong....1933/Steiner

8. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    North By Northwest (Bernard Herrmann)Braveheart (James Horner)Seven Years in Tibet (John Williams)Joe Versus the Volcano (Georges Delerue)Hellraiser (Christopher Young)King Kong (remake - James Newton Howard)Total Recall (Jerry Goldsmith)The Edge (Jerry Goldsmith)The Fly (Howard Shore)The Red Violin (Michael Corigliano)How To Train Your Dragon (John Powell)These are just off the top of my head - a bit of a diverse collection of composers/styles/flavors. All terrific scores in their own right (but really most of the ones mentioned by others would be a delight to the ears)

9. Scott Burke

Scott Burke Second Unit

Scott B.
    People have mentioned that James Horner rips off his own soundtracks, and I would have to agree. I thought I heard some Titanic in The Amazing Spider Man Soundtrack as well.

I would like to add all of The Dark Knight Trilogy to that list. They are amazing soundtracks! Also, while not actual soundtracks, E.S. Posthumus has some amazing film like music. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story is also a good one. There are others, but alot of them have been mentioned before.

Also, Daft Punk's Tron Legacy is amazing. I listen to that at least once a week.

10. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Fantastic album. I bought the movie to watch just because the music is so good. How has this thread not mentioned Amelie? One of my all time favorite albums.