What's new

Suggestion's needed -> Best DVD Database Software?? (1 Viewer)

ReaganG

Agent
Hey,

I have been looking at cataloging my DVD collection, but so far, the DVD programs I have looked at(briefly) didn't look like winners.

Anyone use a program that they love and would actually suggest it for other people? Or are you stuck using the same old one because you already have logged in 300+ DVDs and don't wanna have to switch? Let me know if you hate a program, love it, etc. Any input will help me immensely! And that good karma will come back to you in the form of a DeepDiscountDVD sale . . . you just gotta wait for it a little longer . . .

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Fry

Auditioning
I have been using DVD Profiler from Intervocative Software (http://www.intervocative.com/) for many years now.

What I like about the software is that you can either input the Bar Code to add the movie, or it can scan the disk in the drive. Currently in my collection there are over 450 movies there, so it has the capacity.

Oh, the other nice thing about it is that you can create a profile on-line and share it between friends. Good for when you want to trade/borrow discs and do not know who has that movie.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I tried a few, including profiler and wasn't really impressed with them. I found www.dvdspot.com to be more or less the easiest to use, totally free, and has a fairly good database. Their database is not qute as complete as some of the others, but you can submit titles for them to review and add.

Andy_R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
I'm working with a company that is developing a Firefox addin to track your various collections. Right now, you can track DVD's, CD's, books, and electronics.

The way it works is that you go to a movies page on a supported site such as imdb or amazon and push a toolbar button. The tool extracts info from the site such as title, cover image, director, stars and suggests tags for you. You can edit the info, than add it to your collection.

We're in private beta now, and would love to get some feedback from DVD enthusiasts. You can learn more and sign-up at www.adaptiveblue.com

Thanks,
Andy

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I use DVD Profiler and like it a lot; though it's by no means perfect. (I give it a 7/10). I should add that I paid the fee, so I get to use the high-res images.

While it's by no means unanimous, I think you'll find that DVD Profiler has the edge from members of this board. The biggest complaint you'll see is that it's either too hard to too easy for contributors to change up the movie DB (the DB is user driven). But to get around this the tool allows you to lock each individual movie.

Andy_R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
Quick update on blueorganizer from www.adaptiveblue.com It is now in public beta and has some cool new features like being able to share your collections via RSS or with "bluebadge" widgets (for blogs, myspace, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks