What's new

Suggest New For Sale/Trade Subforum (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Since the Software FS forum has been completely and utterly hijacked by the Digital Code spammers/thieves/pirates who infest every HT forum on the internet, is there a way to give them their own FS forum just for them to play in. Don't know where most of them get most of their codes, but my suspicions are quite high with the sheer volume that many aren't exactly legit.

99% of them do absolutely nothing on HTF except sell their codes.
I would say eliminate them from selling anything unless they are an active participating member with a legitimate number of posts per month outside the Classified, but I suspect that would be beyond impossible for the mods even if any of the rest of you agree.

At least if they had their own little cesspool to play in it would allow that forum to at least be useable. Mods move posts to appropriate sub-forums for other reasons. If any of them can't post in the correct area then ban them and nobody loses anyway.

There is virtually no way to sell/buy any kind of Movie anymore because you can't find anything even if you bother looking which I've quit doing anyway

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's a thoughtful proposal, David.

I think it has merit.

I'll be sure to make the owners aware of it and maybe we can hear from them.

But it would be very useful to hear from other forum members if they think something along these lines would be a good thing.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Dave,

I am with you 100%. I understand the pain.

I am going to be talking with the other owners about this right away.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I'm all for it. Not that I spend all that much time in the classified sections, but I know exactly the kind of crap you're talking about, and it's just mind-numbing.

Ghettoize it! :)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Ronald Epstein said:
Dave,

I am with you 100%. I understand the pain.

I am going to be talking with the other owners about this right away.
Ron did and the area was created. We will be moving posts over the next few days. Should make the software area a lot more usable.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the forum to vent. It not like I sell or buy much anyway, but it's just aggravating that every single sales section on every has been
incapacitated by these guys. I know some people are going to have a few codes here or there from actually purchasing discs, but
either most of these people are Video Store employees who are in charge of opening items and stuffing them into cases (not sure
if their employers care if they scavenge the extras or not) or my suspicions worse yet is a lot of them have code generator algorhythms
working full time to make fake codes which put them way into the felony category

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
PLEASE put a sticky thread in the physical section that code threads will be nuked from orbit.PLEASE put a sticky thread in the UV section that professional not personal threads will be nuked from orbit.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Mike, feel free to delete and not move....if people can't read/follow the rules in that area, we don't need their ad.....

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Mike Frezon said:
Done. Thanks, Sam! There are warnings--in bright red, bold font--at the top of each forum about what's acceptable.
Durrrr, I didn't look that far up, that's even better! Per Adams reply I will mark misplaced ones for you guys to delete not move in the future.THANKS guys!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I have no idea what that means David.

As to the original intent of all of this: So far, mission accomplished. Great work guys and thanks owners/mods!

Users who are viewing this thread