What's new

Subwoower soundproofing anechoic room DIY (1 Viewer)

Oaristys

Auditioning
Real Name
François
Hello all, I'm french so i'll be my best to write as good as i can... Firts, thank for your helps, this forum is very usefull for many people ! An other joy of internet :) Today i received a complaint from neighbour about the noise of my subwoofer. Not a heartquake generator. It's a DIY about 60W 10" dayton 32$ driver in a four cu ft box. But with this large enclosure, this cheap driver shake generate 27-45hz requencies powerfull enough to make all the duplex where i live. I love listening expenrience but not the social consqeuences. This receint build house is pretty easy to shake lol... So, i'm looking for solution. I got space in my basement to buld an HT room. It will not change anything to the bass waves transmission. But it will permit the installation of some devience or dampening meterial. First idea was to kill the generated waves with another subwoofer but after studies, it seem to be an Utopian way. My phisics knowledge make me thing that i will have to kill bass waves and if the active way noes'nt work, i'll have to go with passive one. In the order to transform mechanical waves in other source of energy, like eat, i'll need an meterial installed in a certain way. I already see an anechoic chamber made with grill pyramidal shaped and fiber glass isolation material in it but i dont'k think it's good for healt and i don't know the rellation between the wavelengh cancellation efficiency and size of the pyramid. In other hand, some post on this forum suggest the simple use of douple layered sheetrock. I thik the more dense and solid the metirial is, the more easy the mecanical waves are transmit. Or on the end, i'll get hard wave reflexion that will cause standing waves problem and some distortion issue. ... I'm confused. And i'm looking for an DIY solution for my problem. Is there any exprecienced gay here can bring me some idea ? Thank you very much and sory for this loonnng text :P Have a good day !

Oaristys

Auditioning
Real Name
François
Just to mention that house party wall is allready isolated but just not efficient enougn for 0-50hz. So every step usefull for 100hz and higher is like waste of time and money. Thank again !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks