What's new

Subwoofer sound? (1 Viewer)

jeff?h

Auditioning
Hiya im new to the forumn and have a question about a subwoofer. I want a subwoofer to play tightly and "go along" with the music, NOT overpower it. So I was looking into 1 10inch MTX thunder 5500, I'm not sure whether I want SVC or DVC not exaclty sure of the difference. So does everyone think the thunder 5500 would be a good fit? or is there another sub that comes to mind? I was just told(by a stereo store) that the MTX's are the new "audiophile" sub, so not sure if it's true, I hope all of you out there with experience can lend a helping hand.
Thanks

Jason Fulton

Agent
:) Those stereo stores trying to make a buck once more *sigh*
Those are not poor subs, but not necessarily sound quality subs. I figure he is charging you about 150 for one of them? They are anything but the audiophile sub though. As far as DVC and SVC go they denote the number of voice coils the sub has, to keep it simple, it gives you more flexibility when it comes to amp and using multiple subs.

A few suggestions...

Elemental Designs 11 or 13 Kv2 www.edesignaudio.com
Diamond CM3 10 or 12 www.diamondaudio.com
Adire Shiva 12 www.adireaudio.com
Adire Koda 10 www.adireaudio.com

You are then going to want to build or have a somewhat small sealed box built, I would recomend shying away from a prefab box because they usually are built pretty poorly and are very expensive.

The amp will depend on the sub you choose and your budget, so give us a bit more information and I would be more than happy to help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks