What's new

Subwoofer Question (1 Viewer)

matt_yots

Grip
Even though this is a HT forum and not a music forum, I thought a subwoofer question would be appropriate to this forum and audiogon/audioasylum.

I'm upgrading my fronts to mid-sized towers with a center. My final purchase is pending the sale of my old system, but I was wondering about a matching sub (sorry I can't be mor specific with my speaker selection--they range anywhere from Swan 6.1's, Monitor Audio silver 5i & 10i, to Linn 5140s & 5120... I'm leaning in the favor of the Linns). My budget is somewhere between $4-600 (I REALLY need to stick closer to $500).

My music/HT duties are an eschewed 90%/10%. I would like to integrate a lower bass system to my fronts and surrounds (I'm a big fan of four channel stereo mode).

Here are my current candidates:
Aperion Audio Intimus 10"
SVS PCi 25-31
Hsu VTF-2

I live in the NYC area and would REALLY APPRECIATE IT if someone who has one of these subs would let me come over for an audition...otherwise can my fellow HTF's give some advice. I am favoring the Aperion Audio sub right now due to its size and aesthetics (I just want something musical that can do HT reasonably well).

ChadLB

Screenwriter
If size is not a factor the SVS 25-31 PCi is a wonderful sub that produces bass that most subs in its price range don't.
I have had my PCi for about 3/4 weeks now and love it. I watched Road to Perdition yesterday and there is a scene with machine guns and it just shook the whole room...:b

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
I live in the NYC area and would REALLY APPRECIATE IT if someone who has one of these subs would let me come over for an audition...
Hi, Matt.

Go to www.audioenvy.com

And you can find the nearest PCi 25-31 owner that is willing to audition it for you. BTW you can also look under 25-31CS which is the same sub minus the built in amp.

I do not know about a similar site for the HSU or Aperion.

Good luck.

Marcus Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
I tried to sign up on Audio Envy as an owner of dual SVS CS+ subs, we also have a working pair od CBM's from Ascend and an Aidre Rava ...

However there is no provision in the sign up for anyone in the Caribbean??? Who shoul I talk too? Or does no one care?

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
However there is no provision in the sign up for anyone in the Caribbean??? Who shoul I talk too? Or does no one care?
Not sure who you would talk to. They probably did not think beyond the continent when they set up the site. I see now there's nothing except US & Canada.

But I for one care, and I am sure others here do as well. If there was ever a case for auditioning before buying is the case of those who would pay significant freight charges if they decide to return a product to the mainland.

Marcus Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
Not to mention I had to deal with almost 40% in duties and taxes ... However, it was still worth it! :emoji_thumbsup:

JoeyTadeja

Agent

BrianAe

Second Unit
I have the Aperion sub and it is great. It is very musical, high quality, and looks great. The 12" is competitive with the SVS box sub. The 10" sub is hands down the best 10" sub on the market. Read the review at www.cheaphometheater.com. Still, I would spend the extra 100$ to get the 12" if you think you'll benefit from the low bass extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks