What's new

Subwoofer problem (1 Viewer)

Antonio<>M

Auditioning
I have just purchased Definitive's Supercube 1 and am may be having problems with the way the speaker is set up. I have a denon 3803 as my receiver and I'm using the LFE input/output as the speaker connection (12 ft).

Whenever I play music/movies I can hear a crackling sound from the speaker (kinda like when your tweeter is up too high). I don't believe my amp has enough power to blow the speaker but then again I'm a novice (what do I know)

Here are the settings that I have on my subwoofer and speaker.

Sub:
Level = 50 (knob is straight vertical Up/down)
High = knob turned all the way down
Low = 80

Receiver:
Front Speakers = small
Sub = Yes

Any ideas?

Bob_Hitson

Agent
Real Name
Bob
Antonio,

If you just purchased this locally, I would take it back and test it at the store with your cable. That will resolve if there is a receiver problem or not. Also get them to try it with another cable just to make sure that's not the problem.

If you mail ordered it, do the same thing at a friends house with their receiver.

Good luck!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It doesn't sound like the receiver is powering the sub, so there is no way the receiver is doing this via amplification.

1) Try a different cable.
2) Check your sub settings in your speaker calibration menu in the receiver, it may be too low or too high. (Have you calibrated?)
3) Turn the LOW pass all the way UP, your receiver should be handling the x-over, not the sub, the way you have it set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks