What's new

Subwoofer Placement Question (1 Viewer)

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen many discussions regarding subwoofer placement and for my room corner placement seems to work best. I've read that you should place the subwoofer as far into the corner as possible. This works fine with my current subwoofer which is forward firing with rear ports. I'm considering a new subwoofer though which is dual side firing with rear ports. Will corner placement still be recommended for this subwoofer? If so, should I place the one side firing woofer directly against the wall or should there be a bit of space between the two?

Thanks for any recommendations/info,

Dan

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
try in the corner with the sub on a 45 degree angalkeep about 12" away from the wall, and move the sub about an 1" at a time from wall till the sound gets better, if you dont like it at 12" thanks, joe

ling_w

Second Unit
Moving the sub 1" at a time is overkill. The distance between test locations should be 1/4 wave of one octave above the crossover freq. So for a 80 hz crossover freq, it should be around every 2ft in both X and Y position.

Orientation of the sub should not be much of an issue, as long as the port is facing the rear, to minimize the huffing and puffing, and you leave some space for the driver to pump out its sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks