What's new

Subwoofer not working on my Pioneer Elite reciever VSX 27TX?? (1 Viewer)

faceman

Auditioning
Real Name
gus
gentleman, i have a vsx-1020-k receiver that i just picked up from a friend. upon setting up my speakers, i cant get any sound from the sub. ran the tests and nothing. getting a message that says the sub is too low and to turn the volume to max. probloem is, its up to max already. its a powered known working sub connected via a single rca cable to the sub pre out on the receiver. i have gone through the receiver settings to try and tweak things with no luck. there is supposed to be a bass setting in settings that isnt there either. the manuals says that some itmes may not appear due to surrent receiver setup does not explain how to adjust the receiver in order to get a bass setting. so to sum up, no sound from sub at all. not in manual or mic test. any ideas? thanks

2Quiet

Auditioning
Real Name
Ben
I eneded up using the RCA jacks, and bypassing the SUB out. I could not get the sub out to work for me. Works fine now. Let me know if that works for you. If not, I can double check how I set up it up exactly (Have not touched it for a couple of years)

MatScience

Auditioning
Real Name
R Morton
If you have a Pioneer Elite receiver, set the subwoofer to PLUS. I have B&W speakers, but the subwoofer wouldn't produce a base response for older recordings in stereo. I set my speakers to large and the subwoofer to PLUS through the calibration routine. If you don't set the subwoofer to plus, the receiver won't output base for the older recordings. This can take a little time to do because the speaker option is after the audio calibration, but getting it right makes a huge difference. I recommend trying this first, before employing other options to resolve this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks