What's new

Subwoofer help! (1 Viewer)

imbadwithaudio

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
:confused: Hey! I'm not to good with audio but iv been trying to figure this out for awhile now, so I need you guy's help! (If at all possible) so I'm trying too hook up a dynax (dvd/cd/mp3/wma player) to my "100W Sony high power subwoofer" and I'm not sure were I'm messing this up or if I'm even using the right cords...
Try to picture this (any Questions regarding this probably terrible explenation I will try to answer with more detail)
On the back of the subwoofer is only has 1 cord slot its a circle and labled input.
On the back of the dynex box it has a range of cord slots from
aux 1 (red and white)
Aux 2 (red and white)
Active SW Out (purple)
It has the "speakers class 2 wiring which I have speakers hooked up to that are working flawlessly.
Optical Out (covered with a black peg)
Coaxial out (orange)
Component Video Out (.Row 1 (green, blue and red) (Row 2. red white and yellow)
HDMI out
AM ANT
FM ANT
Lost the Instructions awhile back.. Regardless and input or answer would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Run a single coaxial cable with RCA connectors on each end (like the yellow/red/white cables that come with everything) from the purple subwoofer out on the Dynex to the input on the subwoofer.

You may need to go into the config menu of the surround system to tell it that you have a subwoofer connected. Also, don't forget to turn the subwoofer on (and plug it in) and make sure it's volume/gain dial is up to at least halfway and the crossover dial (if the subwoofer has one) is dialed all the way to maximum.

imbadwithaudio

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
Ok, so I think my problem is that I can't config the settings on the dynex box.. being that I lost the remote.. (imagen that) so I guess its time to ask santa for a new one! Thanks for the input jason!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You could see if your remote is available on Fleabay. Since it is a Dynex, I'm sure somebody has a broken one and decided to recoup a few bucks by selling the remote...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks