What's new

Subwoofer Acting Up (1 Viewer)

JordanR

Auditioning
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to the home theatre experience here so you'll have to forgive my lack of knowledge here :)

About a week ago, I came home and my g/f said that the subwoofer was making a constant low pitch "buuhhhhhh". It would only stop after she turned it off.

I played with it later on, because I noticed that when we started watching a movie, it didn't automatically power on (which it normally does). If I gently move the connector around, it will make that lound noise again, but it doesn't function properly.

I recently also had my receiver at a shop for repairs... but the receiver seems fine and this error oddly enough, started happening when I got my receiver back.

I have a Kenwood VR-606 receiver and for a sub I have a Kenwood SW-36HT. I know this stuff isn't top of the line by any stretch of the imagination but I don't think I should be having this problem :D

Thanks for any help guys!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
"He's dead Jim." Something in the amp circuitry failed, not your receiver. The older JBL subs are notorious for this too.

JordanR

Auditioning
oh no!!

Guess that means I get to buy a new big bad boy :D

Any recommendations for the best bang for the buck?

I'm in Canada and would prefer to buy locally. (Niagara region).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks