What's new

Sub Woofer - B & W Asw-2500 (1 Viewer)

Phil Mays

Second Unit
Any input on this sub? It sounds great in the store. I would replace my Klipsch KSW-15 with this which I think would be a far superior move considering the brand.

What think you?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Phil,

Do you have any opposition to SVS subs? Granted, the B&W would take up less space. I had a chance to audition a B&W sub yesterday where the movie Shrek was being played on a nice plasma screen. I don't recall the model # of the B&W sub, the price was in the range of $1,500. I guess for $1,500, I wasn't very impressed. Granted, I didn't get a "full" audition where I could have watched several movies with it in addition to checking it out for its abilities with music.

Phil Mays

Second Unit
Wayne,

Indeed I have considered SVS subs as they seem to get great reviews. My local audio store stocks B & W and I really like the sound of this particular on at their store. I can get this sub for about $920 and get credit for my Klipsch KSW-15 I bought their this year. However I do have many options and do not want to jump at something that "looks like a good deal".

I have also heard that a smaller sub is more musical. My current 15" digs to 24Hz and the little 10" B & W digs to 22Hz. I am confused:b .

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Phil, the B&W is a good musical sub. Your Klipsh (at least the one I heard at a store locally) is not that great of a sub.

It's good, but not up there in the ranks with the reference series or with other 15's like the velo's and paradigm.

See if you can audition other subs to get a feel for the differences. I would suggest checking out a paradigm servo-15, a velo cht-15 or the F series. And probably the paradigm pw2200. Just see how you like those before you commit. And see if someone in your area has an SVS or an HSU. I have heard all of these subs, and they all are "different" and great in their own respect. And it depends on what you like. Since you like the B&W I think you would like the servo-15 and probably the HSU and SVS subs.

I really think the difference to your klipsh will be greatly noticeable. I found the klipsh to be bloated chunky and puffy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks