What's new

sub? very long (1 Viewer)

MichaelDW

Stunt Coordinator
ok I have been out of the car audio seen for a while so if you guys can give me a little help, I would not feel so old next time I am talking to some installer. I am putting a box in my truck it has 1.7 cft, air space. with 2 12" punch p2's I dont think that is not enough air space, they said it was "its a sealed box. " and I am using a linear power 2002 200 watt amp from the 1980s they said the amp runs to high a frequency .I have had this thing in every car since I was 16. that should tell you its not junk. in my opinion I think 1 12" or 1 10" of a lot better quality sub say (adire audio) would sound better in a ported box. sorry so long but thanks for your help

MichaelDW

Stunt Coordinator
ok I have been out of the car audio seen for a while so if you guys can give me a little help, I would not feel so old next time I am talking to some installer. I am putting a box in my truck it has 1.7 cft, air space. with 2 12" punch p2's I dont think that is not enough air space, they said it was "its a sealed box. " and I am using a linear power 2002 200 watt amp from the 1980s they said the amp runs to high a frequency .I have had this thing in every car since I was 16. that should tell you its not junk. in my opinion I think 1 12" or 1 10" of a lot better quality sub say (adire audio) would sound better in a ported box. sorry so long but thanks for your help

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I don't have a program to input #s for ya, but I'd think you'll be fine.

You should get good punch in a small cab, just don't expect to shake the cabin.

Running a Tempest, assuming the cost is about the same, would be a great idea. Assuming you can run the amp bridged you could sent 4ohms form the sub to a bridged 2002 and give the Tempest 250 watts.

or so!

Brent
+ if you decide to upgrade you can always move the Tempest inside for a great home theater sub. I wouldn't advise that of the P2s.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I don't have a program to input #s for ya, but I'd think you'll be fine.

You should get good punch in a small cab, just don't expect to shake the cabin.

Running a Tempest, assuming the cost is about the same, would be a great idea. Assuming you can run the amp bridged you could sent 4ohms form the sub to a bridged 2002 and give the Tempest 250 watts.

or so!

Brent
+ if you decide to upgrade you can always move the Tempest inside for a great home theater sub. I wouldn't advise that of the P2s.

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
I'd be glad to run a sim for you... but I didn't find "Punch P2" in my driver database. I assumed this is a Rockford Fosgate product, since they have used "punch" on many of the products over the years. Could you tell us a little more about the driver: manufacturer, model number (if anything other than "Punch P2), etc.

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
I'd be glad to run a sim for you... but I didn't find "Punch P2" in my driver database. I assumed this is a Rockford Fosgate product, since they have used "punch" on many of the products over the years. Could you tell us a little more about the driver: manufacturer, model number (if anything other than "Punch P2), etc.

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
get one ED 12Ov.2, or i think Ben calls in 13O series. Will give the best output/performance of pretty much any sub in its class.

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
get one ED 12Ov.2, or i think Ben calls in 13O series. Will give the best output/performance of pretty much any sub in its class.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks