What's new

Sub Cable (1 Viewer)

DexS

Grip
Hi

Need some recommendation for sub cable. Let me know what you guys are using.

Thanks

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Dex,

First, you will want to use a shielded coaxial type cable. The most commonly available is RG-6 (used in all cableTV applications). Since RG-6 usually comes with F-connectors already attached, we look for F-to-RCA adapters. I find them fort under $4U.S. at a Radio Shack store.

Since many electronics come from Singapore assembly plants, however, it should be just as easy to find a coax cable in the local market, already terminated in RCA pins, in a length you need for your room.

JustinG

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, RG6 is the way to go.

In my house that is being built, the sub is wired with coax. I ordered the F-connectors to terminate the lines, and also a female to female F to RCA adapter. The adapter will go into a wall plate on either end of the cable. I'll use a regular rca to patch from receiver to wall and wall to sub.

DaleBesh

Stunt Coordinator
While not a huge Monster fan, their better series of subwoofer cable is quite impressive IMHO.
It is neutral color to be less obvious in long runs, well shielded, and good construction.
As a bonus it is very flexible and has a small cross-section vs. stiffer coax you can't keep against a wall.

You can find significantly discounted.

http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1061

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks