What's new

Sub advice/Anyone have Infiniti SL 50s? (1 Viewer)

Daron

Agent
I own these main speakers, and now I'm looking for a sub to finish my home theater speaker system.
Does anyone else own SL 50s? If so, what sub do you use, or which sub would you recommend? I've never shopped for a sub before. I would appreciate any help!
The SL 50's frequency response is: 40Hz-20KHz +/- 3dB
crossover frequency: 3300Hz
I've heard the Polk PSW350 is a good sub. Would it be good for my system?
--Daron

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
what type of receiver are you using?
The main speaker's frequency extension might not matter much. All DD receivers have built-in bass management. THis allows the user to set the speakers to SMALL--which rolls off the low bass that is usuually sent to the main speakers. This bass is then rerouted internally...to the subwoofer preout on the back of the receiver. That's connected to the subwoofer..which will then be asked to reproduce the LFE channel when applicable...AND all this bass that's been rerouted from the main channels.
I think it's usually best to set all the speakers to SMALL,and let a quality subwoofer or two handle all the low bass....esp for HT use. The Polks are decent woofs...but there might be better choices. If you want to buy local...what brands do the the dealers near you carry?
TV

Daron

Agent
Thank you for the advice, Tom! I will try setting up my system as you suggested, and go from there. I did decide to purchase the Polk sub. It was 258 dollars shipped from Brandnamez.com. I'll try it out, and see. I'm just in the process of buying a house now, so I wanted to save as much money as possible in the meantime. Maybe I'll try stepping-up someday.
--Daron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks