Studios on High Alert

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeborahK, Sep 21, 2001.

1. DeborahK

DeborahK Supporting Actor

Thought you all would be interested in this. Hope this does not interfere with the upcoming HTF L.A. Meet.
    Debrah
    From Variety:
    "

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

3. DeborahK

Hi, Jeff,
    Last year I drove into the Fox Studio lot by accident -- I thought I was turning on the street that comes right after it. Security was all over me like a cheap suit! There is no way I could have just driven on and parked and gone off whereever. I was actually fairly impressed.
    Deborah
    ------------------

4. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob

5. DeborahK

Rob,
    Half of the tours cancelled?? Ouch! I am really sorry to hear this and truth to tell, I have been worrying about this event ever since the dust settled a bit from last Tuesday. With flights being cut back and travel times extended, sometimes by many hours spent in airports, I am afraid that people are going to have a lot of hassles just getting here. Be prepared for quite a nervous LAX and all that this entails.
    L.A. has been pretty on edge since all this happened, particularly the entertaiment industry. You guys are very brave for coming here during all of this. I look on you all as our new spending heroes, those who will do anything to help the floundering economy ! I salute you [​IMG] and hope to join you on 9/29 for Studio Day.
    Deborah
    ------------------