What's new

Studios on High Alert (1 Viewer)

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Thought you all would be interested in this. Hope this does not interfere with the upcoming HTF L.A. Meet.
Debrah
From Variety:
"

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Under the new security orders, most studios will have only one point of entry and there will be a greatly heightened security force manning it.
Amazing. In my experience, studios HAVE no security. The last time I visited one, the guard at the gate was talking on the phone, eating a sandwich, and reading a book. Never at any point was I asked for ID, even when I peaked in closed sets (I was with an employee, but still
wink.gif

Jeff Kleist

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Hi, Jeff,
Last year I drove into the Fox Studio lot by accident -- I thought I was turning on the street that comes right after it. Security was all over me like a cheap suit! There is no way I could have just driven on and parked and gone off whereever. I was actually fairly impressed.
Deborah
------------------

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Hope this does not interfere with the upcoming HTF L.A. Meet.
At least half of our studio tours have been canceled and we're still waiting to hear on a few others.
As you might expect, Peter Staddon has stepped up and confirmed we're still on at Fox.
We're absolutely not getting on the lot at Paramount, but apparently Martin Blythe has agreed to meet us at our hotel.
Look for our reports on the trip week after next.
Rob
------------------
"That suits me down to the ground."
[Edited last by Rob Willey on September 21, 2001 at 03:57 PM]

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Rob,
Half of the tours cancelled?? Ouch! I am really sorry to hear this and truth to tell, I have been worrying about this event ever since the dust settled a bit from last Tuesday. With flights being cut back and travel times extended, sometimes by many hours spent in airports, I am afraid that people are going to have a lot of hassles just getting here. Be prepared for quite a nervous LAX and all that this entails.
L.A. has been pretty on edge since all this happened, particularly the entertaiment industry. You guys are very brave for coming here during all of this. I look on you all as our new spending heroes, those who will do anything to help the floundering economy ! I salute you
patriot.gif
and hope to join you on 9/29 for Studio Day.
Deborah
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks