What's new

Studios in contest for ugliest biblical cover (1 Viewer)

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Antoher very nice cover although again I would prefer for the rocks to look more neutral :)

In any case I see you are very well prepared for the release of the various biblical epics - do you also have covers for The Bible and KoK ?

Originally Posted by GMpasqua

Thanks Oliver

my "Ten Commandments " cover

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Sorry Oliver, I do not. Fox usually does a pretty good job with their covers (Though why they never use the original "Sound of Music" art is beyond me

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Do you like the cover For The Bible? I think it has a very weak cover.

Sorry Oliver, I do not. Fox usually does a pretty good job with their covers (Though why they never use the original "Sound of Music" art is beyond me

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Oliver...just for you (Fox's cover for the "Bible" is okay (though it does look more like a Disney fairy tale)

I haven't seen "King of Kings" so I really can't design a cover for it

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Originally Posted by dana martin

I would only want a smilebox for the 3-strip films. Movie posters, ads, tickets, etc. for the film - http://www.cineramahistory.com/gset.htm

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
well , it's not going to happen this go around, but maybe robert harris could answer a question, the original premier cut of TGSET, would it be possible to restore it to that with the original music, if if anyone knows if that print already exist?

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Nice!

And I think you will like KoK - you should at least check it out.

Oliver...just for you (Fox's cover for the "Bible" is okay (though it does look more like a Disney fairy tale)

I haven't seen "King of Kings" so I really can't design a cover for it

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
all this got me wondering if the people designing the packaging have even seen these films

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Even if they did, it might not make much of a difference insofar as their belief in what the "product" is supposed to look like these days.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Fox has announced that THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD will be released in the US on March 29 on Blu-ray. It goes along with the release of it in Canada. While we all knew it would more than likely hit this day at least Fox has confirmed it.

Don't expect to much from the release since the price is $19.95. I just hope they do it right with the Overture, Intermission, Entr'acte, and Exit Music.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
[COLOR= black]and as for the artwork (cover) my word, talk about bad, not this did not have great posters to begin with, but what this film did have going for it was great visuals, like frescos, from Christ on the cross, to the last supper, to the sermon on the mound. Out of all the visuals in the film, something could have been used, instead of the Photoshop mess, as for the features along with this disc, just have to wait and see what happens. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]But this year we are getting religious films from Paramount, Fox, MGM, and Warner, makes me wonder if Disney and Sony and possibly Universal[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black] [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]And the future Ben Hur from WB[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black] [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]The biggest holdout I would think would be Disney ever releasing The Big Fisherman, for the reason it almost wasn’t originally, picked up by Buena Vista, because of the aspect that it would look as if promoting religion. [/COLOR]

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by dana martin

[COLOR= black]and as for the artwork (cover) my word, talk about bad, not this did not have great posters to begin with, but what this film did have going for it was great visuals, like frescos, from Christ on the cross, to the last supper, to the sermon on the mound. Out of all the visuals in the film, something could have been used, instead of the Photoshop mess, as for the features along with this disc, just have to wait and see what happens. [/COLOR]

Exactly. The covers for KING OF KINGS, THE TEN COMMANDMENTS and THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD have all gone for the same totally unimaginative look. No doubt for BEN-HUR we will simply get a big photo of Charlton Heston dominating the cover.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Looking us in the eye. Another Big Face photo. Centered. Against a light blue background.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Everyone is talking as if they have seen the cover of GSET. where?

the cover of Ben Hur was on digitalbits.com a few months ago. It is the same as the current box set special edition. that artwork is on the right and charlton heston is on the left (one of those wide box sets likt GWTW and Wizard of Oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks