Studio Logos

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by YanMan, Sep 25, 2012.

1. YanMan

YanMan Stunt Coordinator

Yannick
    Hi All,
    I'm a longtime lurker and new member here.
    Anyway, I came across this studio logo retrospective over at TIME magazine's website, and with all the arguments I have seen around here about replaced studio logos, I figured some members would enjoy this link:
    http://entertainment.time.com/2012/09/24/mountain-to-moon-10-movie-studio-logos-and-the-stories-behind-them/#stu-stu-studio-2
    I can't vouch for the accuracy of the write-ups, so please don't shoot the messenger! :)
    Enjoy!
    If this is wrong forum for this, my apologies.

2. Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg Screenwriter

Jonathan
    Of course, PRINCE OF THE CITY is from 1981. The logo that precedes it is the 1979 iteration. :rolleyes:

3. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Cinematographer

Joel Henderson
    Since I know we have some people who are fans of it here, they may be pleased to know that Ben Affleck has apparently brought the old WCI "worm logo" out of retirement for Argo.

4. KPmusmag

KPmusmag Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Kevin Parcher
    Where Disney is concerned, they neglected to mention Buena Vista Distribution. (Speaking of which, I am quite hopeful the Buena Vista credit and fanfare will be restored to Mary Poppins for the eventual blu-ray.)
    I do not care for the current Disney logo; the castle should be on a hill, not in the middle of a big plain.

5. bryan4999

bryan4999 Supporting Actor

Bryan Forbes
    I have to agree with you. It has never looked right to my eye on the flatland. And instead of a river, I would like a moat.