What's new

stryke disc (1 Viewer)

gene avallon

Stunt Coordinator
when running the disc tones for sub should all other speakers be shut off?speakers set to small,what should the crossover in back of sub be set too,90Hz 150Hz? the receiver also has a crossover 80HZ,100Hz,120Hz i have two avs 46plus comming am practricing on 2 jvc.the art 351 is comming next week ,hope to learn how todo this right before they get here

thanks

gene

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Where you set your crossover really depends on the speakers that you have. I believe the SVS subs top out at 100hz so I would set the crossover at 90hz or less, depending on how low the rest of your speakers can go. I would think that 90hz would be a safe crossover point.

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
Set the receiver's crossover to 80. Set the sub's crossover to off. Set all speakers to small. Setup the art with the main speakers running. You want the sum of all speakers to be flat. If you equalize with the sub playing by itself, you will create a hump around 85 Hz the mains & center make their contribution.

gene avallon

Stunt Coordinator
before i use the art and just checking all the tones useing the meter to see where i am the speakers should be off? i dont have the art yet so im just running the frequency test

10Hz too 100HZ.

GENE

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Gene- You should test the following 1st:

1) sub by itself

2) mains by themselves

3) sub + mains

At least 1 octave above and below the crossover you pick (80 Hz is a good compromise), #3 should measure greater than 1 and 2. If not, then you need to adjust the phase between the sub and mains too.

Then you can worry about filtering out the peaks. (And then do another phase check at the end.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks