What's new

STREETS OF FIRE Universal Ultimate Edition? (1 Viewer)

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Anyone know of any info yet on the new "Streets of Fire" supplements?

I'd love to see the following:

Audio commentaries (Walter Hill, Diane Lane, Michael Pare etc etc).

Original promo documentaries (like the "Inside Streets Of Fire" documentary).

Retrospective documentaries (with new interviews with cast and crew).

Featurettes on the film and it's enduring 'cult'appeal.

Deleted scenes (in anamorphic video and good quality sound).

Music videos (I Can Dream About You, Sorcerer, Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young, Nowhere Fast, Deeper and Deeper).

ALL of the films Trailers, TV spots etc.

Photo galleries (cast portraits, crew, behind the scenes, artwork etc).

Animated gallery of Stephen Vaughan's great stills.

Up-to-date cast and crew illustrated filmographies and biographies.

Illustrated Production notes.

Storyboards etc.

The film itself in great quality anamorphic video.

Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS audio.

By the way - the petition is upto nearly 1060 signatures now. Please keep those signatures and ideas coming.

http://www.petitiononline.com/sf01/petition.html

What would others like to see on the disc(s) when/if they arrive?

Great news about "Scarface" and "Animal House"!!!!

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Is this actually in the works or is this just an internet dream release that'll probably never see daylight?

Charlie Essmeier

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to see a nice transfer of the film with a good DTS track and nothing else.

I want to press "play" and watch the movie. Extras only get in the way.

Charlie

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
A loaded Special Edition is in the works I believe, BUT there has not been anything official so I can't say more than that really. If there are extras that you want, by all means add them to the petition (in the comments section).

Thank you!

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know what else anyone could want,but I know what I don't want and that is some crappy new cover from Universal.I hope they keep the original poster art,The one used on the current dvd.

Al Stuart

Stunt Coordinator
Well I requested this long ago, but was thinking more of a two pack of The Warriors and Streets of Fire (and yes I know they are from two different studios).

For "The Warriors":

5.1 Sound

Commentary by Walter Hill, David Shaber, and Sol Yurick.

A reading of both the Sol Yurick novel it was "inspired" by and Xenophon's "Anabasis."

Commentary with James Remar, David Patrick Kelly, Deborah Van Valkenburgh, Lynne Thigpen (the DJ, and the mayor from Carmen, San Diego)

"Can You Dig It?" A retrospective documentary that cover the making of and other issues, such as the controversy surrounding the violence that the film may or may not have inspired.

Interactive storyboards including the ability to create a comic book from them.

An interview with costume designers Bobbie Mannix and Mary Ellen Winston featuring skecthes and storyboards.

A comparison NYC subway map from 1979 and now, including showing The Warriors' route.

A can of spray paint.

For "Streets of Fire"

A new print.

Commentary with Walter Hill and Joel Silver

Commentary with Ry Cooder and Jim Steinman

Commentary with Michael Pare, Diane Lane, Rick Moranis, Bill Paxton, Amy Madigan, Willem Dafoe, Deborah Van Valkenburgh and Robert Townsend

Alternate Score

"LoafTar" an Interview with Walter Hill and Jim Steinman about making the equivalent of the longest Pat Benetar video ever made, scored with Meatloaf music.

Interviews with Production Designer John Vallone, Art Director James Allen, and Set Decorator Richard C. Goddard.

"Torchie's Flame," an interview with Marine Jahan who plays the androgenyous dancer in Torchie's), Amy Madigan, Walter Hill, and Robert Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman (who made the documentary about homosexual content in film, "The Celluloid Closet") about the unacknowledged homoerotic undertones of "Streets of Fire."

Storyboards with the ability to turn them into a comic book.

Outtakes of Diane Lane's lip synching.

An interview with costume designer Marilyn Vance about Willem Dafoe's black leather costume.

A comparison of the alternate universes created by both "The Warriors" and "Streets of Fire"

A selection of music videos that inspired "Streets of Fire," and some videos that were inspired by it.

And of course, the soundtrack.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I would be astonished if Universal revisited this title before releasing any of their other grade-A catalogue titles.

It's a good film, don't get me wrong, but I just can't see it happening.

Gordy

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Why would I be astonished? Because Universal fails to pull off lavish Special Editions of even their biggest selling, most-popular films, never mind a half-decent edition of a cult film like Streets Of Fire.

I'm all for a SE of Streets Of Fire, but somehow, I doubt it will happen. But weirder shit has happened at sea! :D

Universal has hundreds, if not thousands of truly great films in their vast vaults, but has so far has concentrated on masterpieces like Sgt. Pepper and whatnot. Take a leaf from Warner's book and start steamin' through your vaults and create high-qulity DVDs of films loved by millions the World over, Uinveral! :)
And if you must re-do a SE DVD, do it for films that need it, ie. The Thing, Jaws etc, not Animal House, which was just fine the second time around.

I'm not mental or anything. :laugh:

Cheers.

Gordy

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Considering Universal consistently irritates film fans with needless multiple releases, ignoring catalogue titles, rampant tech. problems with discs, I would be very surprised to see a special edition of Streets of Fire. I own the current disc and enjoy it, but the only way I'd buy a new edition is if the A/V was improved.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
This is and only has been a fanboy dream.

Uni has never worked on, nor ever had plans to revisit this title.

Sorry to drop the news...

Dugger

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Sales of the original disc were hardly a blip.

Insiders at Uni Home Video currently claim that if this were on the slate, there isn't budget moneys available to allocated for this title until 2007.

As much as I would like an SE of this, there are currently no plans for it.

Dugger

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
As much as I would like an SE of this, there are currently no plans for it.
Well now I'm REALLY confused. I had heard from Universal that the film had sold pretty well on DVD and that and it's cult popularity was what prompted them to consider re-releasing the title as an S.E. Very confusing:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks