What's new

Streaming Problems with Netflix through Xbox 360??? (1 Viewer)

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
When Netflix first started in Nov. on Xbox I had no problems, but now every night my wife and I sit and have to look at a crap picture. I will go over to the computer and check my connection with DSL reports and I'm pulling down 5-6Mbps. So is it the Netflix servers not being able to handle the demand? If that is the case I'm getting rid of it. I'm sick of looking at that picture, barely watchable.

Just curious if anyone else has the same problems.

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
I have had my Roku device for streaming netflix movies for about a week and so far so good. While the sound is just OK tyhe picture has been great with about half the movies I've watched streaming in HD. The rest have been very good.

I don't have a X-box so I dont know what the set-up procedure is but on the Rooku box I had the option to select 4:3, 16:9 anamophic and 16:9 HD. I have mine set on 16:9 HD. Can you make those same selections on your X-Box? Maybe it's set wrong??

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
When its hooked up with the HDMI cable its all set for you, though I must admit for about the last week and a half to two weeks there have been no streaming issues, been nice.

j0sh818

Grip
Real Name
Joshua
I used to watch Netflix online from laptop connected to my HDTV. I had no problem with the picture quality. Then when I got the 360 last month, I was excited with Netflix streaming.

But I was disappoined by the result on streaming through 360. I thought it was my xbox 360's internet line that made it crappy but when i watched it in my PC I was surprised how bad the picture quality was.

Is it my DSL connection? or what?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread