What's new

Strange Retail Store Practices - ??? (1 Viewer)

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator
1st- Best Buy doesnt carry Carlito's Way, Biloxi Blues, ......But Best Buy online you can.

2nd I came across a Anamorphic version of LIAR LIAR at a Wal-Mart Superstore,but could never find one in-store at a Best Buy.

Why do some stores provide some DVDs online only?
Why do some stores carry DVDs and others that DO A LOT of DVD sales dont carry the same ones?

I am curious about the reasons this is the way this is.

I know in this day and age you would think EVERYONE has internet access, but I know some who do not and they and I am sure many others like them are not able to order online for items that are not carried in-store. Just imagine if some of the titles you guys want so VERY BADLY you can ONLY get ONLINE, it could get a little inconvenient.
Even more so if there is a defect on that title so......

I am a very picky person when it comes to stuff like this.

I am curious about what some of you have to say in regards to this. Thanks, Chris

Previous Thread Please Read

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I was in Best Buy the other day looking for a DVD, and the clerk looked in the computer. He told me it was one they weren't carrying in the store anymore, but they were at their website. I assume you can order it in the store and have it delivered.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
you can only do in store pick up if the store has it in stock AT THE STORE.

So you could order it online and get it in the mail for free delivery

greg_t

Screenwriter

Different stores have different business philosophies and different emphasis on how important carrying certain dvd's are. They also have different Buyers who make the actual purchasing decisions at a higher level than at the store. Some stores also use outside vendors to take care of movie and music selection. I worked at a K-mart store about 5 years ago, and we had an outside vendor that ordered, delivered, and stocked all music and movies. K-Mart had nothing to do with the ordering and purchasing decisions. Reps from the vendor even came in and stocked the shelfs for us and did counter layouts.

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies.

It makes sense about the shelf space and all. I just get frustrated when you go to a store and NORMALLY they would have what youre looking for but when you go to get it they dont.

But I am looking forward to getting my Biloxi Blues in the mail. But since Monday was a OFF day for Mail delivery it will be later *dang*.

Anyhow thanks again for the replies, Chris

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I've learned my lesson with Best Buy and Universal catalog titles-they're never consistent. Usually Borders has them out on release date. I actually picked up Biloxi Blues, Repo Man and Judgment Night over the weekend at a local retailer. DId not ee them at BB this morning when I picked up the Mariachi trilogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks