What's new

Stooges Collection Vol. 5 1946-1948, March 17 (1 Viewer)

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I bet that's right, though. Well, it sounds right.

Now, let's see: June: 1949-51. September: 1952-54. December: The rest of them. Sounds good to me!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
This is great news! I'm looking forward to the next set. :emoji_thumbsup:

Matthew H

Second Unit
088 Beer Barrel Polecats
089 A Bird in the Head
090 Uncivil War Birds
091 The Three Troubledoers
092 Monkey Businessmen
093 Three Loan Wolves
094 G.I. Wanna Home
095 Rhythm and Weep
096 Three Little Pirates

097 Half-Wits Holiday (Final Curly Short)

Beginning of Shemp Era
098 Fright Night
099 Out West
100 Hold That Lion! (Curly Howard in a cameo)
101 Brideless Groom
102 Sing a Song of Six Pants
103 All Gummed Up

104 Shivering Sherlocks
105 Pardon My Clutch
106 Squareheads of the Round Table
107 Fiddlers Three
108 The Hot Scots
109 Heavenly Daze *
110 I'm a Monkey's Uncle
111 Mummy's Dummies
112 Crime on Their Hands

Bolded Title = New to DVD
*Heavenly Daze, although not in the public domain, was released on the Three
Stooges: Extreme Rarities DVD, which was not an official Sony release

WadeM

Supporting Actor
To have official copies of 101 Brideless Groom & 102 Sing a Song of Six Pants is enough for me.

I wonder, when they get around to the 3D shorts in a later volume if they'll try to do a 3D release, the way Paramount is trying to do with the latest release of Friday 13th 3D. That would be nice, maybe as an extra, if it works.

We've already been told that an announcement for this volume should be coming soon, so we should know soon enough if the date is official.

jhro

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James

According to classic flix **Sony** has scheduled a March 17th release date for The Three Stooges Collection, Vol. 5 (1946 - 1948). Classicflix.com : - Articles - - The Three Stooges Collection, Vol. 5 (1946 - 1948)

I think that confirms it.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

I would say not a chance for the 3-D. We will be licky enough to get the widescreen shorts in widescreen. The Abbott and Costello new box set by Universal even skipped doing widescreen for the two widescreen films in that set.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
dont know how well the 3D versions would transfer, i will say that as of this complete set i have been nothing shot of impressed of what sony is doing, thai from that same company that for a few years i had nothing but some bad comments. hopefully this trend will continue untill the series completion, with remastered copies of the Curley Joe films. again bravo to sony for this anouncement, now back to the game for the last few sets, color orange?? and this definately needs to be the main cover art

Home Theater Forum

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Both Stooge 3-D shorts were composed for 1:85, and SPOOKS was originally printed in Sepia-tone. Here's a frame grab of the main title from an original, left side 3-D print.

ColbyCo82

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
I wouldnt be suprised if they left Shemp off the cover and try and slip it through as another Curly collection to those who aren't Stooge savy.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Orange or Yellow are a good bet, IMO. Just to choose something else, I think I'll go with a lavender-ish color for the fifth volume.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

Probably.. but it'll be interesting to see what they come up with. Maybe they can incorporate a faux picture of Shemp in with the Curly, Moe, and Larry.

Or, how about using the photo from HOLD THAT LION!, where Curly is the passenger on the train with Shemp, Moe, and Larry? It's hard to recognize that it's Curly in the film, but I've seen a still where Curly's sitting up doing his usual trademark facial mugging, while Shemp, Larry, and Moe look on.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
It's gonna rough watching this set knowing the tragedy occurring offscreen with Curly. For fairness' sake, all four 1946-48 Stooges should be on the cover.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Nice to finally get a date for volume 5.Yes, im willing to trust the source , because they were right on all 4 previous volumes release dates.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I'm so happy to read all the good news about this series. March sounds perfect. While I do wish they would include some bonus features, and especially hope for those "Spooks" and "Pardon My Backfire" released two ways, I'm very happy with the remastering job and the chronological order.

Shemp was on par with the other 3 (Larry, Moe and Curly) and really shines in many of their shorts. He really may be my favorite and can't wait for these and the Joes.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David

Looks like it's on sale now at Amazon! For pre-order with a March 17th date. I guess this confirms it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks