What's new

Still no word on PEANUTS Feature Films-Paramount? (1 Viewer)

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Correctamundo!
Paramount, oh Paramount, where can you be?

Originally Posted by WillG

I though I read somewhere that Paramount still controls the theatrical films. Can anyone confirm?

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
It's really unfortunate that these films are not on DVD. I consider them to be a given as obvious releases and they were on video.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Since Paramount does own the theatrical films, this dream pairing won't happen. [/url]

Whenever Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (1980) gets released, it must come with it's 1983 epilogue special "What Have You Learned Charlie Brown?".

The movie was deliberately left open-ended so that a follow up could be done.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by WillG

I though I read somewhere that Paramount still controls the theatrical films. Can anyone confirm?

The films were produced by Lee Mendelson Productions, Bill Melendez Production, Charles M. Schulz Creative Associates and United Feature Syndicate (Main Producer). Paramount was the theatrical distributor and did release a VHS tape in 1996. The home entertainment rights or all rights might have reverted back to United Feature Syndicate.

Now A BOY NAMED CHARLIE BROWN was produced by Center Cinema Films for release by National General Pictures. NGP was acquired by Warner Brothers, but Center Cinema Films was an in-house theatrical production company for CBS and so the rights to this film should still belong to Paramount. I think that CBS Video released this to DVD around 2006. In fact all but a couple of the Center Cinema Films have been released on DVD.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Paramount likely still controls both the CBS-produced films (A BOY NAMED CHARLIE BROWN, SNOOPY COME HOME) and the two they released (RACE, BON VOYAGE), but I'm sure there needs to be clearance from United Features for use of likenesses, new media, etc. Don't know why this stuff wasn't settled back when Paramount had the entire Peanuts package, but there it is.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Without any soild facts of the current status of the films,who owns them and what clearances/right may or may not have to be done,it's really no point to just throw out speculations - and I LOVE these films, especially
RACE FOR YOUR LIFE CHARLIE BROWN!

I can't recall - did any of the four films get released on Laserdiscs (or CED Disc)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I want Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown!

Sony totally missed it on the DVD, how about releasing a blu-ray of it?

-Rodney

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks