What's new

Stephen King's Nightmares & Dreamscapes -TNT (1 Viewer)

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Is anybody else watching this?

The first one with William Hurt & the toy army men was pretty good.

I'm getting somewhat of a "Creepshow" vibe out of it.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
ok, "Creepshow Lite" , without the comics theming of course.

The 2nd episode was hampered by bad acting and cheesy effects, not to mention a pretty silly story. Hopefully they get better. :)

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
The "Crouch End" story was pretty trippy, but not in a good way. What was King high on when he wrote that?

"Battleground" was good though. I liked how there was no dialogue.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Is it just 4 episodes, 2 this week, 2 next week. That is all I can find information out about.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
According to the review I read, there are a dozen or so episodes, with stories from Night Shift, Nightmares & Dreamscapes, and Everything Eventual. I wonder why Skeleton Crew was left out. Come to think of it, I don't think there's ever been a movie based on a SC story, even though The Mist would be absolutely kick ass.

I only saw the first half of Crouch End, but what I saw wasn't much like the story. What King wrote was a pastiche of Lovecraft, with Crouch End as a thin spot with a dimension where the Old Ones lurk. From what I saw here, the episode was about an old Indian -- er, Celtic burial ground.

Mary_P

Second Unit
Epguides.com lists eight episodes, ending August 2nd. TNT's website says the same.

I liked the first episode a lot better than the second. I laughed out loud when they showed the "Trilogy of Terror" figure in his collection! If I hadn't already been "spoiled" by the promos for the show, that would've been pretty good foreshadowing of what was to come. Liked that it had no dialogue too -- very stylish.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Since the episode was written by Ricard Matheson's son, the nod to the Zuni Fetish Doll from "Trilogy of Terror" was espeically nice.

Sandro

Second Unit
First episode was great, second terrible. I'm kind of worried that they shot their bolt putting the only good episode at the start with no commercial interruption and then things reverted to "normal" quality.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co

Hmm. I checked TNT website a couple days ago and could only find info about the 4 I mentioned.

Just checked and yes, now it shows 8 episodes over 4 weeks. I clicked on the Episodes link back on Monday morning and just saw the 4. Weird.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just finished the first ep, that was some crazy shit lol! Loved the "cameo" by the Zuni Fetish doll, too. :emoji_thumbsup:

One things for sure, there was nothing fun about those army men and they definately weren't playin' around lol.

Not only did the first ep have a very Amazing Stories feel to it, but it also had overtones of the second and last stories in Cat's Eye, in addition to the army men having very Small Soldiers-ish determination.

Off to watch the second now...

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Battleground is one of King's best stories, so I was very happy to see it done justice with this adaptation. Considering this is a TV production, I was stunned by how realistic the soldiers and their helicopters looked, not to mention their rocket launches and gunfire. The effects in this episode were damn near flawless. I also thought the decision to have no speaking was an interesting touch, and William Hurt was great in the role of Jason Renshaw.

That said, I liked how in the story
The Raft was adapted for Creepshow 2.

Anyway, as far as Crouch End goes, I have to say it stunk. Bad acting, piss poor effects, and a messy structuring of the story.

Of the stories being adapted for this series, The Road Virus Heads North is my favorite, along with Battleground. Can't wait to see that episode.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
It's been a long time since I've read any of King's short storie compilations, and I've never read Everythings Eventual.. So I couldn't remember the details on the Crouch End story. But what got filmed wasn't very good.

Looks like these are being repeated tonight at 11:00PM Eastern..

Next week is "Umney's Last Case" and "The End of the Whole Mess"

MatS

Screenwriter
enjoyed watching both episodes for the first time when they were repeated tonight

very high production values for tv
Battleground was a hoot and while Crouch End had it's problems I don't think it was that bad....if you want to see bad watch plenty of other SK made for tv adaptations.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Battleground was fantastic! Probably my favorite adapted SK short story filmed for TV yet.

Fantastic!!:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member

I agree. I remembered being very impressed when I first read it a few years ago.

So what's this show about? All of these episodes are based on Stephen King's short stories? I read the synopsis for all the episodes and they all sound interesting.

Too bad I missed the first 2. Any idea if TNT is going to re-run them?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I'm sure they will. They rerun stuff all the time.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
They'll show them again, in fact, if TNT stays true to form, chances are very good that they'll run all 8 of them back to back in a marathon after they've all aired.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks