What's new

Stephen King's "Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales" (1 Viewer)

ChrisR

Stunt Coordinator
UUUmmm...what about it? If you're asking if anyone is getting it, I am. Hopefully friday or saturday. I preordered it from my book club. Can't wait!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I got it and haven't had a chance to read it.
I have read some stories already:
Little Sisters of Eluria was in that Legends compendium. It's a good story, but it's about The Gunslinger so if you're not into The Dark Tower series you may not get it.
Riding the Bullet was a nice little ghost story that I read on EBook last year or so.
LT's Theory of Pets was an awesome story that he read out loud when I got the privilege to see him on his Bag of Bones signing tour. I loved the story enough to get the CD audio book (the only way it was available) a year afterwards, and am now glad to have it in print.
Just finished Black House and loved it. I am one of those who like anything to do with The Dark Tower, and there was a great instance of King folding his earlier work into Roland's world. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Micah Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
The weird thing about "Black House", though, was that it was co-authored with Peter Straub, yet a large portion of it was related to S.K.'s Gungslinger story. It just struck me as strange that he would (is "share" the right word?) his back-story with someone else...

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Micah, doesn't Black House (and the Talisman) strike you as more of a King story, though? I have no doubt they collaborated, but I think that King had final draft rewrite, because both books (esp. BH though) read very much like a King novel. Not just in story, but the way he writes, you know what I mean?

Micah Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
I hear you, Carlo, and I agree. Both "The Talisman" and "Black House" feel like S.K. stories. But I remember reading Talisman and feeling like it WAS a collaboration. I don't get that feeling on Black House. It was almost like Peter Straub's name was on it because the main character was born of their collaboration.
To be fair, though, I have not read any of Mr. Straub's solo work. Perhaps I should reserve further judgement until I can make a more informed statement... :)

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Well, being a King fan for the last 20 years and having read every single thing I can get my hands on, 'Black House' was a skunk! I absolutely hated it and thought it was a complete waste.

I received 'Everything's Eventual' in the mail the other day. I'm on the 2nd story, 'The Man in the Black Suit'.

And I can't wait until Dark Tower 5 is released.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
LT's theory of pets is one of my favorite short stories, I recommend you get and listen to the CD first before reading it in the book (is it changed at all) which i havent gotten to yet.

You will really appreciate that King sees himself (and IS) a master storyteller, and not just an author.

One of my biggest complaints with modern authors is that they take themselves so seriously. King dispenses with that and has no problem aiding the listener identifying with the 'common man' dealing with uncommon situations.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks