What's new

Steel Battalion out yet? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
*sob* *cry*

No tracking number here yet. Knowing past experience I'll get the tracking number 3 days after I get it

Scott "E"

Second Unit
Just got off the phone with my EB and they didn't get it today :frowning:. There's still a chance it might come in later today, but I'm not holding my breath, looks like tomorrow for me.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Satan came into my office to ask me a question about a project and he saw the box sitting on the back of my U shaped desk and was like what the hell is that. I tried to explain it and all he said was I need to get out more....I could comment my thoughts here but I'm just in too good a mood. Free Thanksgiving food at work today and SB, ah this IS a good day.

Now the really hard part is this:

My wife doesn't know about this purchase yet. Now I can usually hide things pretty well, but this one is going to be a bit harder then your usual game.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Dropcloth and a closet Kelley :)
Still not even a shipping notice here, but I did have someone tell me yesterday that the warehouse claims it should have gone out yesterday. he PERSONALLLY called me back on his break, so I think he's on the level

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, if you go to your order screen at ebgames.com look underneath your order and you should see a tracking number link to FedEx. Mine didn't show up until this morning. And then to make things more interesting as I was unpacking SB from the two boxes it comes in, first a big white box from EBgames.com then a brown box from capcom, then the actual game packaging, I finally got my shipping email from ebgames.com.
I hope you get.
PS - anyone have a dropcloth and closet I can borrow, mine are all full :D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I ordered from Buy.com not EBGames

They told me that Microsoft was dong the actual shipping for them, so I'm guessing it's the fact that they have to ship it from MS, then get around to sending all the info to Buy, who then have to get around to registering it

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Capcom wasn't going to release this stateside and then Microsoft gave them a financial incentive (or is the actual distributor) to make it happen.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No, they were always going to release this stateside. MS paid for it originally, basically they gave Capcom a blank check to do something special and original
Seems to have worked :) The game's entire original shipment has sold out

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
Picked mine up, assembled the controller and played through 1 mission. Hate to go back to work but at least I'm going back with a smile.

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
Mine arrived this morning, nice big box from EBGames. Damn them for sending out shipment notices AFTER its shipped. Got that email this afternoon.

Unfortunately, not allowed to open the box until certain chores around the homestead and office are done. Curse me!

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Just got done playing for an hour or so. Is it just me, or do you wish there was a better tutorial a tthe beginning. You kind of get dropped into the middle of it pretty quick and don't get to learn that much. I'd rather play a tutorial than RTFM, but I guess that's what they want you to do.
Nothing thrills me more than going through the ignition sequence and seeing everything light up! :D

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
I agree about the lack of a real tutorial mission, but so far it's really cool. A wider camera angle would help some, and as great as the controller is, force feedback would make it SO much cooler

Jeremy Brown

Agent
I got mine yesterday, which was a pleasant surprise, since I paid for 2 day shipping, and it got shipped overnight (I ordered from ebgames). Of course, FedEx delivered it at 10am, and I didn't get home until 5pm to play it, so yesterday was a LONG day at work.

Anyway, initial impressions. I thought that there could have been a little bit more of a tutorial, but after restarting the first 'intro' mission a couple times, I finally figured it out. Scanning through the book didn't hurt at all either. So far, I am pretty impressed. The game flows very nicely, and the controller is just cool. I just need to find a good setup for it, so I can sit on the couch for hours playing.

The only drawback I have seen so far is that the colors seem very muted, which is no doubt by design, but I would have liked to see a little bit more color (on the cockpit view screen). Otherwise, I am really fond of the game, I just need to figure out what buttons to hit when!

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I think what would get me to buy this would be XBL play. For $200, I'd want the game to have more legs than just 20-something missions.

Any rumors of an update or something so that we can play it on XBL?

Mike

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
BrianB is correct.
I played for a few hours last night, first off if any game needed a tutorial level, this would be it. They really should have "sharpened" the graphics up a bit as it the intended look of the game is a bit hazy and makes it hard at times to see what you are shooting at. The joystick feels pretty good but the pedals feel excellent.
When they say realistic they mean it, first time I started to play I was turning my Mech too hard and next thing i knew i was on the ground taking fire. I hope to give SB more of my time soon, as in after I finish Metroid Prime :D
PS - This game has really lame looking explosions IMHO.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No tracking number, however it's not time for UPS to usually be here either

If I don't have my game by 2, someone is going to be having their ear chewed off at 2:01

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks