What's new

Steel Battalion - Line of Contact This Fall (1 Viewer)

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
I can't wait for this. I just ordered the original
in anticipation of this. Here is the press release
below. I got this from Xbox Addict.

" Capcom, a worldwide leading publisher and developer of innovative games, today announced Steel Battalion -- Line of Contact, the next evolution in the battle-mech genre exclusively for the Xbox video game system from Microsoft and playable via Xbox Live. Based on the award-winning Steel Battalion phenomenon, Steel Battalion -- Line of Contact gives players the opportunity to once again use the most elaborate controller interface ever created to partake in futuristic military warfare. Ultra realistic visual effects and mech battles in the first or third person perspective create the ultimate mechanized military combat experience. Steel Battalion -- Line of Contact is scheduled to release in North America this winter.
Steel Battalion -- Line of Contact allows gamers to pilot more than 10 new mechs over the course of the game while engaging in five on five online combat. Through Xbox Live, players must collaborate with other team members to accomplish objectives, expand their troop’s territory and declare victory over adversaries. Additionally, they can search for rare VT’s hidden throughout the game. The Steel Battalion universe will evolve constantly as new combat situations are introduced and as territory is gained and lost.

The award winning 40-button controller was designed to completely maximize the gaming experience and immerse the player into the role of a Vertical Tank pilot. With trigger buttons to fire weapons; foot pedals to accelerate, boost and brake; levers to shift gears and move left to right, gamers must utilize the full potential of their VT’s abilities in order to survive on the battlefield. Mastering the controls of this tactical vehicle will allow players to feel as if the VT is part of their own body.

Steel Battalion -- Line of Contact boasts the following features:

Aside from the default cockpit view, a third-person perspective allows players to observe their VT in action during combat.

More than 10 new massive Vertical Tank (VT) models to control.

Xbox Live features:

Partake in the biggest online mech melee as opposing teams of five clash on the virtual battlefield.

The Steel Battalion universe will evolve constantly as factions will gain and lose territory and as new combat situations are introduced.

In Steel Battalion -- Line of Contact, collaborating with teammates will be a key part of accomplishing mission objectives all the while improving your personal combat skills

Search for rare VT’s hidden throughout the game.

Steel Battalion received a "2002 Best of What’s New Award" from Popular Science in the Electronics category for its innovative technology. Each year Popular Science reviews thousands of new products and innovations and only 100 winners are chosen in 10 categories. To be considered, products must represent a significant step forward in its category. The award was bestowed to Steel Battalion for its 40-button controller that was designed to completely maximize the gaming experience and immerse the player in futuristic warfare. "

-Mike

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
yeah i want to get this too. Ive put my name on the capcom list to try and get the original when they make more

Ed Werner

Stunt Coordinator
What I don't understand is why Capcom doesn't make a left-handed version of the controller. This has kept me from getting this amazing game. Such ashame. :frowning:

--Ed

Ben Seibert

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard (just rumors at this point) that there will be a LoC package that includes the controller with headset slot, LoC, and the first game.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
What I don't understand is why Capcom doesn't make a left-handed version of the controller. This has kept me from getting this amazing game. Such ashame.
I'm a lefty, have no problems. Why don't they make a left handed version? Because you're talking a niche of a niche. The original game sold something like 50,000 copies and in that kind of bulk the controller cost $110 or so to make. There's no way they'd make a lefty version for the 4-500 lefties because that would be OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive

Ed Werner

Stunt Coordinator
Approx 50 percent of the population of the world are left handed, same as gender. Care to explain again how by catering to half of their potential customers they stand to LOSE buisness?

Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe most left handers are more creative than I and don't need video games to entertain them. I am however, more simplistic.

Thanks anyway.

--Ed

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Ummm, only 1 in 7 people are lefthanded. Why do you think left handed pitchers are such a hot commodity in baseball?

Ed Werner

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, I thought it was 50. Hmmm weird because my dad, myself and my wife are all left handed. My mom and two sisters are right handed. Guess it is a coincidence.

Well dammit they should make a lefty controller! I have played Mechwarrior on PC with a lefty joystick and I am so used to aiming with my left hand I don't know if it would be good for me to try to learn with the current setup (aiming righty and driving lefty). This sucks.

--Ed

I think I am gonna email them and ask if they plan to make a left handed version. Anyone know a good email addy for someone that matters that has to do with dev. of the game?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No, I don't know of a single game developer that makes any email addresses that don't go to CSR peons

They're not going to make a lefty controller. It's too much of a niche item and too expensive to manufacture. You're already used to moving with your left thumb, aiming with your right anyway, and since the left stick only moves left and right, you will quickly untrain yourself

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff, looks like you're swimming up steam on this one! Thanks for saying everything that I was thinking! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks