What's new

Std movies played on HD-DVD player problems (1 Viewer)

ralphPerez

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, have a question about a copied DVD ( I own the original ) and have a A1 and it seems that their seems a lot of pixilation and freezes on the A1 and when I play the same DVD on my OPPO first generation it play’s with out a problem, is this do to the first HD-DVD generation or just the High definition player, has any one experience this?

Reason for the question since there are some HD players still available and the newer generation s have a better firmware or decoder thinking of grabbing one if available if copies can be played on them, better then the A1.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Hi,

Had some workmen come in disconnect A2 player.
When putting it back, loading is spotty, with no DVDs being able to load.

Anyone have this issue?

Before we could see the video signal, the player was reading MESSAGE.

Suggestions?

Thanks

bpickell

Agent
Real Name
Brian
I used to have the same problem on some standard dvd players. What I did to fix the problem was to use quality recordable media and when burning the DVD I would burn it on the slowest speed possible. All of the freezes and pixelation went away after.

ralphPerez

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info. using Verbatim media which is one that is recommended and was burning at 4X and had the problem on a HD-DVD Toshiba A1 player, so have tried that must be my high definition hardware.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Quality DVD-R (or RW) media is the nr.1 thing when making DVD-Rs. Probably in 90% of the time, freezes and pixelation is due the bad DVD-R media. I don´t use much DVD-Rs anymore, but when I did, I only used Verbatim.

Of course, some players are more "sensitive" than others (to dirt, scratches and bad media), so that could also be one reason. One player can play certain discs with "no issues", while with the other player there are some pixelation. Both players can still be just fine.

ralphPerez

Stunt Coordinator
well found out my mistake was burning at a low speed currently using 8x or 12X when my burner writing speed is 16x also bought the Samsung burner SH-S2003B for $30 delivered and that did it, no more coasters. They have giving this burner the highest marking on all the available burners that are out now, cannot beat the price nor the performance.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
A cheap DVD burner can cause lots of compatibility problems with players even if you use the best most expensive blank media. I have had the best luck with Pioneer DVD burners. They seem to be the most consistent at burning discs that are in spec and will play on the widest number of players even at 16x.

Also the A1 seems to have a problem with sections of a burned dvd that have no data, for instance a fade to black with no audio. For some reason when the A1 is getting no actual data from the disc, it will freeze for a second even thought he disc is sending it time code. I have noticed that my A30 doesn't have this problem. It also doesn't seem to be a problem for the A1 with pressed or manufactured discs.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks