What's new

Staying Alive? (1 Viewer)

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
It came out Tuesday the 8th as well did it not? Why is it not in the DVD-Dance Pack, not part of the Travolta pack and not really advertised? Does it suck? Is it a BAD sequel? Is it just a "regular" release with no work done to preserve it??

Jodee

Screenwriter
It's not a great movie, but I ended up buying it because it is one of those movies that I always find myself stopping & watching when I flip through the channels and see it on cable.

The dance sequences are pretty cool, although it is not disco dancing, more like over-the-top Vegas show dancing.

And I've always loved Cynthia Rhodes.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It really sucks
Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum...I smell some troll-dom! :rolleyes
Yes, it came out yesterday (10/8). I got my copy at Costco for $14.99; I've seen it in stock at Best Buy and at a regional music chain called Turtles Music. Didn't look for it anywhere else. I'm told its in-stock at many Sam's Club stores, too...but not all of them.
I really enjoy this movie. No, it's not as good as its predecessor, but it's some fun 80's cheese. The only thing I can't stand is the final ending scene. But, hey...full circle! ;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My apologies...you are absolutely right. My eyes skipped right over that part of the original post, where the answer to that question was invited.
I musta just been cranky. I'm sorry. Forgive me? :frowning: :b

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Ok, I did say "Did it really suck?" But the question was really a question like "Does it suck?"

I never saw it, just knew it was the sequel and since I bought the dvd-dance pack I wonder if I should get this one.

Jason Boucher

Stunt Coordinator
Just watched SNF last night, and I would like to know what became of Tony without watching this generally confirmed bad movie. Any spoilers? Does he escape his past and fufill his dreams of being a somebody? Does he realize that fulfillment is not based who how others perceive him? Although I have no problems with the ending of SNF, it doesn't really give you a comfort level that you know how Tony will end up. He could just as easily walk out of that apartment and jump off his bridge.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Jason, the sequel definately answers all of those questions. Does he "become somebody"? This film lets you know...no doubt will be left in your mind.

I think I recall that a reviewer back in the day described this film as "Rocky on Broadway". Perhaps that will give you a hint. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks