What's new

Status of these foreign films on R1 DVD? (1 Viewer)

Vincent-P

Second Unit
Does anyone know any information about the possibility of these films being released on DVD here in America?

The Lovers of the Arctic Circle
When Brendan Met Trudy
The Rage in Placid Lake
L'Appartement

Any info would be appreciated!

Louis S.

Auditioning
When Brendan Met Trudy is available on DVD in Canada.

Try amazon.ca and you'll find it.

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
I don't believe that L'Appartement ever received a theatrical release in the US, which makes a DVD release much less likely. There was a previously available Korean release which was Region 0 NTSC, but it was supplanted by an R3 NTSC anamorphic release from the same company (Bitwin). More info is available from DVD Beaver.

New Line has the rights to The Lovers of the Arctic Circle, and released it on VHS (now OOP). They generally don't publicize the titles they're working on for DVD release, and I've heard no rumors.

May I (respectfully) suggest an inexpensive all-region DVD player? Both of these films are available on DVD in other regions. (DVD Beaver review of Tartan (UK) release of The Lovers of the Arctic Circle)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Brian in suggesting an all-region player.

If you are a lover of foreign films, it's almost imperative to have one, especially when you can get one for under $100.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
What about a decent transfer of "TWO WOMEN", that is in dire need of a restoration or a CRITERION edition.
I know it is a PD title.
But, someone needs to restore this film. After all Sophia won the OSCAR.
Any info on this title.
Also, "THAT MAN FROM RIO", love this take off on 007 !!!!!!!

ArthurMy

Supporting Actor
The only DVD worth having of L'Appartement is from France. The others don't compare, image-wise.

That Man from Rio is out in France, sans subtitles, totally faded and non-anamorphically letterboxed at 1:66. The film deserves better - one of my favorites, and one can only hope we'll get a great-looking DVD of it someday. It would be fun if they included the English dub as an extra, as it features Hal Linden doing Belmondo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks