What's new

Starting a HT project (1 Viewer)

ScottBRA

Grip
Hello all, I am new to this forum, but have learned quite a bit reading some of these threads. I posted a long message in the construction forum asking many questions and so I dont think I am suppossed to post it in two places, however, I have a few additional questions more relevant for here:

- If I have 23 ft long room and intend to use a projector with an 80 inch screen, how far away should the projector be? DOes the projector need to be behind all of the seats or can it be in line with or ahead of the seats?

- Does the TV I have matter when using a projector? Is the projector plugged into the TV or does it go directly into the cable box or surround system? I assume the surround system otherwise the TV is very important and needs to remain on, that sounds stupid. Obviously I dont yet understand how this will all work hope you will bare with me.

Scott

ScottBRA

Grip
Hello all, I am new to this forum, but have learned quite a bit reading some of these threads. I posted a long message in the construction forum asking many questions and so I dont think I am suppossed to post it in two places, however, I have a few additional questions more relevant for here:

- If I have 23 ft long room and intend to use a projector with an 80 inch screen, how far away should the projector be? DOes the projector need to be behind all of the seats or can it be in line with or ahead of the seats?

- Does the TV I have matter when using a projector? Is the projector plugged into the TV or does it go directly into the cable box or surround system? I assume the surround system otherwise the TV is very important and needs to remain on, that sounds stupid. Obviously I dont yet understand how this will all work hope you will bare with me.

Scott

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Scott, you need to go to Projectorcentral.com and do some reading. Where the projector is mounted depends on which one you buy(short throw or long throw). Most short throws mount about 10-12 ft. from screen. Your TV has nothing to do with your projector hookup. You would run your cables from projector to video source and to sound system.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Scott, you need to go to Projectorcentral.com and do some reading. Where the projector is mounted depends on which one you buy(short throw or long throw). Most short throws mount about 10-12 ft. from screen. Your TV has nothing to do with your projector hookup. You would run your cables from projector to video source and to sound system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks