Starsky and Hutch

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by younger1968, Nov 30, 2013.

1. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    I have S1-S4 on dvd and watch it from time to time. I like S1/S2 the best as it had some really good episode. Huggy Bear was very good as well!! I welcome people's thought on some of their favourite episodes!! I like Satan's Witches from S3 along with Kill Huggy Bear from S1. The pilot was neat as well!!

2. younger1968

paul young
    I have decided to watch a few episodes of Starsky and Hutch again after not watching the show for about few years.

3. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

Enjoyed it a bunch back in the day, not sure about now (referring to myself.)

- Walter.

4. Wvtvguy

Wvtvguy Stunt Coordinator

Marc
    I always enjoy it. First season is a bit more gritty than the others but I always think its a pretty fun show.

5. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    I kinda sorta remember it from when I was a kid. I've been able to catch it again on some station on the satellite (there were also full episodes someone uploaded to YouTube.....don't know if they're still there or not) and find it pretty entertaining.

6. Hasslein

Hasslein Second Unit

Jim
    Cozi TV is airing it on Tuesdays, but absolutely no end credits. How can they do that? Isn't that some kind of union violation?

7. andySu

andySu Cinematographer

I kinda sorta remember it from when I was a kid. I've been able to catch it again on some station on the satellite (there were also full episodes someone uploaded to YouTube.....don't know if they're still there or not) and find it pretty entertaining.

I'd guess by now youtube had them pulled down.

The one I liked, was the one episode with the vampire. :lol:

8. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

I always preferred the grittier season 1 (including the musical score) to the rest.

Walter Kittel likes this.
  9. younger1968

paul young
    S1 is imho the best season due to fact it was more violent than the following seasons. The network seem to have toned down the episodes after S3 as way to bring the violence down to acceptable level. S4 was a strange season with David Soul growing a moustache that did not suit his character!

10. Hasslein

Hasslein Second Unit

Jim
    Yeah, the episodes that the actors directed in the later season weren't very good. They were doing some experimental television, took risks, artsy neo-noir attempts, I'll give them that, but I can't think of one episode that one of them directed that I really liked. Come to think of it, I think the hide & seek botulism episode of the 4th season was pretty good, I think David Soul directed that one...

11. younger1968

paul young
    It was my understanding that studio was asked to turn the violence down after S2 as such the plots were less violence. I have watched the pilot a few times as it was done very well! There are some really good episodes over the seasons, especially when something happens to either Starsky and Hutch's character (i.e. shooting, sickness, etc).

The two part segments, especially the boat cruise or LV strangler or other episodes were ok, but could have been much better when it came to either the acting or plot development.