What's new

Stargate: The Ark of Truth - Official Press Release (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter
Some sites are mentioning that "The Ark of Truth" is coming with two more featurettes, which aren't mentioned in the press release:

Ark of Truth: Stargate Comic-Con
Uncovering The Ark of Truth

Will these be in fact included in the upcoming direct-to-DVD movie?

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
I think some1 messed up on the Canadian price. I think it should read $27.98, not $37. I dont see how the price up here could possibly be $11 more expensive, especially with our high dollar, and the fact that the show is made here. If anything I think it would cost less here.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
The only thing is that everybody knows that the Stargate team will be victorious ... the good guys always win ...

BobSchneider

Second Unit

Nah sadly its most likely right, knowing sony they charge Canadians extra for goverment mandate Quebecois sound track. Know sony they stick you canucks with the bill:thumbsdown:

Arild

Supporting Actor
This is released today. Anyone else watched it yet? I got my DVD today and I gotta say, it's great fun seeing SG-1 back in action. :)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i just received it from mail order today!!! i'm so excited to put it through its paces. i've always thought SG1 and SGA's surround sound designs are absolutely spectacular for a TV series!!! i really can't wait =P. i have taken the wraps off, my only complaint is the stupid sticker adhesive ripped off the top line of the artwork because the artwork was slightly exposed on the top section. :angry:@packaging.

i hope to get to it tonight =D.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
just finished. in a word: WOW! :D:emoji_thumbsup:. it's the best 2 episodes of SG-1 =D. everything about is just so much better. the performances, nuances, fx, adventure aspect, the humor, the teamwork, the conclusion/endings to this particular storyline, the references to things in the past are just unbelievably well done. they also had a quick update on Continuum and that filming was continuing on that!!!!!

i LOOK FORWARD TO IT!! :eek:

i wish these were on blu-ray w/lossless tracks, the simple DD 448 was AMAZING! the surround sound did NOT disappointment @all =D. the echoes were also very nice.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I was very pleased with this effort as well. I gave it a solid 3.5 out of 4, or a A-.

Not only were all the loose ends from the Ori arc wrapped up in a very satisfying (and logical) way, but the increased production values really made this *seem* like a real movie. And the ramped-up "action quota" on display here was incredible!

Some fans are complaning that the replicators didn't belong in this movie. I felt that the replicators -- along with the Asgard references -- were a nod to the older Stargate SG-1 fans who never fully embraced the Ori arc. I had no problem with their inclusion here since the reason provided was logical; and they also added materially to the excitement level.

I'm really looking forward to "Continuum" now!

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i'd have to agree with those fan sentiments from your spoilers =P. not everything old belongs in the new storylines. as we've learned from star trek franchise, we should move FORWARD!!! not backwards!

from the sounds of it, Continuum might be backwards =P. i just hope we get richard dean anderson back. the reason why he pulled out was because he hated the time commitment... but now that SG-1 has gone to a a format that doesn't require a lot of time commitments, he SHOULD BE BACK and be a part of the krew!!!

make it a 6 krew ensemble!

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
PS they always strive to be film-like... but the X-Files is a series LOOKED like film from day1 just as an example. same w/Lost.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
How can you guys say that these are the best two episodes of Stargate ever? This was the worst ending for a television series ever.

First, this movie was supposed to be about the conclusion of the Ori storyline. Instead, what do we get? Over half of the movie being showcased of the fight between SG1 and the Replicators. Then, to rob fans further, they insert the Ori at the end as if to make up for not including them in the movie at all.

20th Century Fox and the production crew, directors and producers of this movie should be damned. This movie wasn't about the Ori but about the Replicators ... The Ori scenes made up about 20 minutes of the entire movie ...

RAJones

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Jones
I thought it was enjoyable and entertaining with a very satisfying conclusion. Keep 'em coming!!! :)

Arild

Supporting Actor

WTF?? The entire movie was about finding the means to defeat the Ori. The replicators were just one more obstacle in their way. To say that the movie was not about closing the Ori story arc (which it most certainly did) is completely irrational.

Also: MGM.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
well, but i think u know how he felt though. rehashing older elements. i really thought i heard a COLLECTIVE GROAN across our galaxy when i saw the replicator beam in. it's like... are we ever going to be rid of that plot devices? =P.

RAJones

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Jones
A reviewer at DVDTalk gave The Ark of Truth a less-than-stellar rating...but this guy had never even seen a Stargate SG-1 episode before. This reviewer admitted to seeing the Kurt Russell movie...but that's it. It's not very surprising that he only gave the show a "Rent it" recommendation. :frowning:

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I too enjoyed it. :D

Could have lived w/o the replicators, (have never been fond of their use, nor the Wraith on Atlantis, but I digress). Anyway, as they were used, it wasn't too bad. But it seems like all the shooting they do at the replicators, yet none of the surrounding items or bulkheads seem to get shot up.

Anyway, hope the next one includes Jack, as rumored.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Well I pickup the ark of truth and and give it a B- it not as bad as some have made it out here, and yes I agree I could have lived without the replicators, thats why the b-. But if you really want a god awful crappy end to a series my all time top is the end of "forever knight" god that still pisses me off to this day. Also the ark of truth look awsome on my new vizio vx32l flat screen lcd.:)
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
;)

Arild

Supporting Actor

Well, that's to be expected. I can't imagine AoT even making much sense to non-fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks