Stargate SG1 S8 and Atlantis S1

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Katherine_K, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Katherine_K

Katherine_K Second Unit

Is anyone else wondering about the fact that the recent "news" about a street date for SG1 Season 8 looks to like it's using a small blury picture of Season 4's box art?

I also find it odd that a street date would be announced for SG1 only when Atlantis has had consistently higher ratings? The entire news article (related to TVShowsonDVD.com by a Stargate site I've never heard of) seems slightly... fishy.

A check of a couple of the most reputative Stargate fan sites (most notably Gateworld) showed no reference to this...

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Well, Gateworld has been reporting an October release date for awhile now. I don't see anything out of the ordinary with the news it's coming out on the 4th.

Gord

3. Katherine_K

Katherine_K Second Unit

No, it's a logical date given when they released Season Seven, but I think the art is a fake. It's a dead ringer for the art from the season 4 box from what I can tell.

Gateworld doesn't have much detail beyond that they are expecting the extras to be similiar to past releases. I just have a hard time believing that they would release SG1 without mentioning Atlantis. It had better ratings across the board last year.

4. Adam*M

Adam*M Stunt Coordinator

Sorry, but Teal'c does not have hair on the season 4 box, and this set is a different color. I have a slightly bigger picture of the art now:

[​IMG]

If that's not good enough for you, here's the official Australian art for the same season set:

[​IMG]

If you search on google for "stargate" I am on the first page. My site has been running since 1998. Just because GateWorld missed the boat on this news does not mean it is fake. I don't make up news or images. Also, I believe TVshowsonDVD.com has picked up previous announcements from my site, and those turned out to be correct.

Thank you.

5. Katherine_K

Katherine_K Second Unit

My apologies.