Stargate SG:1 - Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Danny R, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

Stargate SG:1 will begin its 7th season on June 13 in the usual friday timeslot on SciFi. Looks like they will have an hour long documentary type show about the series just prior to the two hour premiere.

2. MikeSh

MikeSh Stunt Coordinator

SciFi channel really irritates me when they claim this show to be a SF original series. It was a Shotime original that they bought.

But then SF irritates me alot.

MikeS.

P.S. I do love SG1

3. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

It doesn't mean that "It was originally Scifi," it means it's a Scifi channel funded production... not reruns of old episodes (hence "original").

Yeah, Scifi has a way of irritating its audience, but I have no problem with Scifi claiming ownership... they're footing the bill for production NOW.

Showtime had no greater a claim on the show than Scifi, since MGM actually produces the show. Showtime was simply the channel the wrote the first check.

-Scott

4. Joel Fontenot

Joel Fontenot Supporting Actor

Joel Fontenot
    Except that I don't think Sci-Fi is involved with actual production of the show, They only bought the rights to air the show just as Showtime did. It's not like when Sci-Fi bought Sliders and actually helped produce that show into the ground.

Joel

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Hey, Sliders got better before it got worse (even with the nepotism, compare Season 4 to Season 3).

Besides, the important thing is that Stargate will hopefully give Tremors a good lead-in. [​IMG]

6. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

Tonight folks.

7. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

So far so good. I thought the opening 2 episodes were great. They dealt with the Daniel/Jonas situation quite well, and even found an opportunity for them to work together.

I look forward to the rest of Season 7.

And from what I hear, Scifi is negotiating with MGM on a season 8.

8. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Great way to start off a season. We know jonas will be back as he is still studying the Lost City. His charector kind of grew on me during these two episodes. Cant wait to see him back

capt

9. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer
    Supporter

Is Jonas now just going to be a recurring character instead of a weekly regular?

I also thought it was a great way to start the season.

The 8th season information is news to me. I originally heard that this was definitely the last season but hay if they can maintain the quality I'm all for the another season.

10. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

It looked to me like Jonas went back home to stay at the end. At least, that is the way my son and I both perceived it. He had a bag packed and slipped out to somewhere.

If so, this sucks, as him and Shanks made a good pair. I was sort of hoping that they would make SG-1 5 people or put Jonas in SG-2, and have SG-2 in the show. (Thereby increasing the cast by 3 more).

Good premire, though.
    Glenn

11. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Jonas is back for at least one more episode, and he wrote the story on another episode

12. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Yep Jonas will be back and im pretty sure he will be in more then 1 episode

capt

13. Jeff Kleist

In the 17 episodes currently announced, he's only confirmed for 1. Any cameos would be dependant on Corin's availability and space for him.

14. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Then he is out. An occasional guest star doesn't cut it.

Glenn

15. Mythias

Mythias Auditioning

Perhaps he's going to be one of the cast of Stargate: Atlantis coming out at the end of this year (or so I hear) which focuses around finding the Ancients and the Lost City (which is supposed to be Atlantis.)

If so, I'm excited. I really like Corin Nemec, he's a great actor. Parker Lewis Can't Lose is one of my favorite shows of all time.

16. Jeff Kleist

Yes, he is tentatively slated to be a regular on Stargate:Atlantis whenever that happens. Given that they're talking SG-1 Season 8, who knows.

17. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

which focuses around finding the Ancients and the Lost City

Doh... guess that means they don't find it this season... or perhaps more likely find it and then lose it again.

18. Jeff Kleist

It's Greatest American Hero all over again! (He kept losing the instructions to the suit)