What's new

Stargate SG:1 - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Stargate SG:1 will begin its 7th season on June 13 in the usual friday timeslot on SciFi. Looks like they will have an hour long documentary type show about the series just prior to the two hour premiere.

MikeSh

Stunt Coordinator
SciFi channel really irritates me when they claim this show to be a SF original series. It was a Shotime original that they bought.

But then SF irritates me alot.

MikeS.

P.S. I do love SG1

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
It doesn't mean that "It was originally Scifi," it means it's a Scifi channel funded production... not reruns of old episodes (hence "original").

Yeah, Scifi has a way of irritating its audience, but I have no problem with Scifi claiming ownership... they're footing the bill for production NOW.

Showtime had no greater a claim on the show than Scifi, since MGM actually produces the show. Showtime was simply the channel the wrote the first check.

-Scott

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Except that I don't think Sci-Fi is involved with actual production of the show, They only bought the rights to air the show just as Showtime did. It's not like when Sci-Fi bought Sliders and actually helped produce that show into the ground.

Joel

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hey, Sliders got better before it got worse (even with the nepotism, compare Season 4 to Season 3).

Besides, the important thing is that Stargate will hopefully give Tremors a good lead-in. :)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
So far so good. I thought the opening 2 episodes were great. They dealt with the Daniel/Jonas situation quite well, and even found an opportunity for them to work together.

I look forward to the rest of Season 7.

And from what I hear, Scifi is negotiating with MGM on a season 8.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Great way to start off a season. We know jonas will be back as he is still studying the Lost City. His charector kind of grew on me during these two episodes. Cant wait to see him back

capt

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Is Jonas now just going to be a recurring character instead of a weekly regular?

I also thought it was a great way to start the season.

The 8th season information is news to me. I originally heard that this was definitely the last season but hay if they can maintain the quality I'm all for the another season.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
It looked to me like Jonas went back home to stay at the end. At least, that is the way my son and I both perceived it. He had a bag packed and slipped out to somewhere.

If so, this sucks, as him and Shanks made a good pair. I was sort of hoping that they would make SG-1 5 people or put Jonas in SG-2, and have SG-2 in the show. (Thereby increasing the cast by 3 more).

Good premire, though.
Glenn

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yep Jonas will be back and im pretty sure he will be in more then 1 episode

capt

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
In the 17 episodes currently announced, he's only confirmed for 1. Any cameos would be dependant on Corin's availability and space for him.

Mythias

Auditioning
Perhaps he's going to be one of the cast of Stargate: Atlantis coming out at the end of this year (or so I hear) which focuses around finding the Ancients and the Lost City (which is supposed to be Atlantis.)

If so, I'm excited. I really like Corin Nemec, he's a great actor. Parker Lewis Can't Lose is one of my favorite shows of all time.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes, he is tentatively slated to be a regular on Stargate:Atlantis whenever that happens. Given that they're talking SG-1 Season 8, who knows.

Danny R

Supporting Actor
which focuses around finding the Ancients and the Lost City

Doh... guess that means they don't find it this season... or perhaps more likely find it and then lose it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks